Fair Labor Standards Act Survey: Deadline Extended to Friday, August 18
July 25, 2006
Marking the two-year anniversary of the 2004 Fair Labor Standards Act, NACUBO has launched--with the guidance of the Comprehensive/Doctoral Council--a survey to better understand how higher education institutions have approached the analysis and implementation of the overtime regulations. NACUBO is asking all members to participate. The deadline for completing the survey is August 18th.
In August 2004, higher education institutions and other employers were required to comply with newly issued regulations concerning employee eligibility for overtime pay.These FLSA regulations continued to allow employers to exempt certain employees from overtime pay, but only if they met specifically defined exemptions. Data collected from this survey will be used to assist participating institutions in comparing how their implementation decisions measure up to those of other institutions. If an opportunity arises, the data could also be used to inform future advocacy efforts. Please be assured that all survey information will be kept confidential and results will be reported only in the aggregate.
NACUBO primary representatives should have received an e-mail with instructions on how to complete the survey. The survey should be forwarded to a human resources professional at the representative's institution when appropriate.
If you would like to participate or have any questions about the survey, please contact Marta Perez Drake, director, constituent services for research & comprehensive/doctoral institutions, 202.861.2519. Your support is very much appreciated.
- ED Proposes New Rules for Distance Education and Foreign Locations
- Senate Bill Would Increase Bank-Qualified Debt Limit
- New Statistics on College Enrollment and Completion Released
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives