Fair Labor Standards Act Survey: Deadline Extended to Friday, August 18
July 25, 2006
Marking the two-year anniversary of the 2004 Fair Labor Standards Act, NACUBO has launched--with the guidance of the Comprehensive/Doctoral Council--a survey to better understand how higher education institutions have approached the analysis and implementation of the overtime regulations. NACUBO is asking all members to participate. The deadline for completing the survey is August 18th.
In August 2004, higher education institutions and other employers were required to comply with newly issued regulations concerning employee eligibility for overtime pay.These FLSA regulations continued to allow employers to exempt certain employees from overtime pay, but only if they met specifically defined exemptions. Data collected from this survey will be used to assist participating institutions in comparing how their implementation decisions measure up to those of other institutions. If an opportunity arises, the data could also be used to inform future advocacy efforts. Please be assured that all survey information will be kept confidential and results will be reported only in the aggregate.
NACUBO primary representatives should have received an e-mail with instructions on how to complete the survey. The survey should be forwarded to a human resources professional at the representative's institution when appropriate.
If you would like to participate or have any questions about the survey, please contact Marta Perez Drake, director, constituent services for research & comprehensive/doctoral institutions, 202.861.2519. Your support is very much appreciated.
- House and Senate Approve FY16 Budget Resolutions
- NACUBO Submits Comments to CFPB on Safe Student Account Scorecard
- Senate Committee Seeks Feedback on Policy Papers
- 2015 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 26-28, 2015
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- WEBCAST: NACUBO LIVE!: The Future Chief Business Officer
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:00AM ET
- WEBCAST: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
Monday, May 18, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Looking Under the Hood: Using Web-based Tools for Evaluating Institutional Financial Aid Policy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis