College Retirement Communities Network a Possibility
May 6, 2004
With the aging of the Baby Boomers, demographers predict that the number of people age 65 and over will increase from 35 million today to 70 million by 2030. Colleges and universities are stepping up to change the way our society views retirement for the Boomers, and creating productive roles for older adults.
NACUBO members are invited to attend a briefing session to learn from experts who have successfully developed, marketed and operated university-linked retirement facilities. Plans to organize the Collegiate Retirement Communities Network (CRCN), a consortium of schools that have built or are thinking about building residential communities for life-long learners, will also be discussed. CRCN will conduct groundbreaking research to identify the determinants of success among these communities, and pool ideas to identify prospective residents who would be interested to retire to each member’s campus.
There are three upcoming events to choose from:
- A one-hour preview presentation at the SCUP conference in Toronto on July 20, 2004.
- A day-long briefing at either:
- Lasell College, in Newton, MA, on August 17, 2004.
- University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, on September 30, 2004.
Both Lasell College and the University of Michigan have successful senior communities, although they employ different models. Both briefings include tours of the facilities and conversations with the administrators and residents.
For more information about CRCN, or an official invitation with details about logistics and costs please contact:
17 Cushing St.
Newton, MA 02461
- In-State Tuition Mandates for Service Members, Veterans, and their Families Expanded
- McCaskill Introduces Campus Sexual Assault Bill
- ED Issues Proposed Rules on PLUS Loans
- 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 22-23, 2014
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- WEBCAST: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
Thursday, September 4, 2014 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis