College Retirement Communities Network a Possibility
May 6, 2004
With the aging of the Baby Boomers, demographers predict that the number of people age 65 and over will increase from 35 million today to 70 million by 2030. Colleges and universities are stepping up to change the way our society views retirement for the Boomers, and creating productive roles for older adults.
NACUBO members are invited to attend a briefing session to learn from experts who have successfully developed, marketed and operated university-linked retirement facilities. Plans to organize the Collegiate Retirement Communities Network (CRCN), a consortium of schools that have built or are thinking about building residential communities for life-long learners, will also be discussed. CRCN will conduct groundbreaking research to identify the determinants of success among these communities, and pool ideas to identify prospective residents who would be interested to retire to each member’s campus.
There are three upcoming events to choose from:
- A one-hour preview presentation at the SCUP conference in Toronto on July 20, 2004.
- A day-long briefing at either:
- Lasell College, in Newton, MA, on August 17, 2004.
- University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, on September 30, 2004.
Both Lasell College and the University of Michigan have successful senior communities, although they employ different models. Both briefings include tours of the facilities and conversations with the administrators and residents.
For more information about CRCN, or an official invitation with details about logistics and costs please contact:
17 Cushing St.
Newton, MA 02461
- Final Rules Issued on the Violence Against Women Act
- FASB Gives Go-Ahead for Exposure Draft on NFP Reporting
- CDC Advises Colleges, Universities and Students about Ebola
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- WEBCAST: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis