College Retirement Communities Network a Possibility
May 6, 2004
With the aging of the Baby Boomers, demographers predict that the number of people age 65 and over will increase from 35 million today to 70 million by 2030. Colleges and universities are stepping up to change the way our society views retirement for the Boomers, and creating productive roles for older adults.
NACUBO members are invited to attend a briefing session to learn from experts who have successfully developed, marketed and operated university-linked retirement facilities. Plans to organize the Collegiate Retirement Communities Network (CRCN), a consortium of schools that have built or are thinking about building residential communities for life-long learners, will also be discussed. CRCN will conduct groundbreaking research to identify the determinants of success among these communities, and pool ideas to identify prospective residents who would be interested to retire to each member’s campus.
There are three upcoming events to choose from:
- A one-hour preview presentation at the SCUP conference in Toronto on July 20, 2004.
- A day-long briefing at either:
- Lasell College, in Newton, MA, on August 17, 2004.
- University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, on September 30, 2004.
Both Lasell College and the University of Michigan have successful senior communities, although they employ different models. Both briefings include tours of the facilities and conversations with the administrators and residents.
For more information about CRCN, or an official invitation with details about logistics and costs please contact:
17 Cushing St.
Newton, MA 02461
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis