College Retirement Communities Network a Possibility
May 6, 2004
With the aging of the Baby Boomers, demographers predict that the number of people age 65 and over will increase from 35 million today to 70 million by 2030. Colleges and universities are stepping up to change the way our society views retirement for the Boomers, and creating productive roles for older adults.
NACUBO members are invited to attend a briefing session to learn from experts who have successfully developed, marketed and operated university-linked retirement facilities. Plans to organize the Collegiate Retirement Communities Network (CRCN), a consortium of schools that have built or are thinking about building residential communities for life-long learners, will also be discussed. CRCN will conduct groundbreaking research to identify the determinants of success among these communities, and pool ideas to identify prospective residents who would be interested to retire to each member’s campus.
There are three upcoming events to choose from:
- A one-hour preview presentation at the SCUP conference in Toronto on July 20, 2004.
- A day-long briefing at either:
- Lasell College, in Newton, MA, on August 17, 2004.
- University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, on September 30, 2004.
Both Lasell College and the University of Michigan have successful senior communities, although they employ different models. Both briefings include tours of the facilities and conversations with the administrators and residents.
For more information about CRCN, or an official invitation with details about logistics and costs please contact:
17 Cushing St.
Newton, MA 02461
- NACUBO Provides Input on Tax Reform
- FASB Considers Delaying Revenue Recognition Standard
- Push for Resolution to 1098-T Fines Continues
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- WEBCAST: NACUBO LIVE!: The Future Chief Business Officer
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:00AM ET
- WEBCAST: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
Monday, May 18, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Looking Under the Hood: Using Web-based Tools for Evaluating Institutional Financial Aid Policy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis