College Retirement Communities Network a Possibility
May 6, 2004
With the aging of the Baby Boomers, demographers predict that the number of people age 65 and over will increase from 35 million today to 70 million by 2030. Colleges and universities are stepping up to change the way our society views retirement for the Boomers, and creating productive roles for older adults.
NACUBO members are invited to attend a briefing session to learn from experts who have successfully developed, marketed and operated university-linked retirement facilities. Plans to organize the Collegiate Retirement Communities Network (CRCN), a consortium of schools that have built or are thinking about building residential communities for life-long learners, will also be discussed. CRCN will conduct groundbreaking research to identify the determinants of success among these communities, and pool ideas to identify prospective residents who would be interested to retire to each member’s campus.
There are three upcoming events to choose from:
- A one-hour preview presentation at the SCUP conference in Toronto on July 20, 2004.
- A day-long briefing at either:
- Lasell College, in Newton, MA, on August 17, 2004.
- University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, on September 30, 2004.
Both Lasell College and the University of Michigan have successful senior communities, although they employ different models. Both briefings include tours of the facilities and conversations with the administrators and residents.
For more information about CRCN, or an official invitation with details about logistics and costs please contact:
17 Cushing St.
Newton, MA 02461
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Big Opportunities for Small Institutions
September 20-21, 2016
- 2016 Tax Forum
September 25-27, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives