NACUBO's electronic quarterly publication covers human resource issues of strategic importance to higher education business officers and explores the impact of these concerns to institutional decision making and financial health. To subscribe, click on MY NACUBO in the upper right hand corner above. If you haven't already set up your MY NACUBO account, just follow the prompts—it only takes a moment. Under ABOUT ME on the left side, click on MY EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS, then check HR Horizons or any other publications you would like to receive via email.
College and University Business Administration, 7th edition - Human Resources and Benefits Administration
As colleges and universities increasingly pursue their markets with a business-like orientation and discipline, the human resources organization has taken on a larger role. Once focused on tactical and transactional work, the human resources function now is acting as a strategic partner to the institution’s leadership as they grapple with issues such as workforce diversity, privacy, and security. This chapter also examines the employment cycle, compensation and rewards, employee relations, legal aspects of human resources, employee benefits, and retirement programs, as well as offers a list of other resources.
Perspectives Blog: Harnessing Value from Changing Demographic Workplace
by Bobbie Dillon
Examines how to bind the different values, needs, perceptions, and work styles in a multi-generational workforce into a cohesive, productive organization that can thrive in today’s challenging economic environment. These ideas were originally shared by presenters and participants at the NACUBO Thought Leaders Program: Changing Demographics, Changing Workplace, offered February 8-10, 2009, in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Complimentary Webinars on the New Overtime Rule
(June 13, 2016)
- New Overtime Rule Expected Mid-May
(May 2, 2016)
- Implementation of Overtime Proposal Could Cost Schools Millions
(April 18, 2016)
- Overtime Rule Draws Scrutiny
(March 21, 2016)
- Proposed Overtime Pay Salary Threshold Is Too High, Higher Ed Groups Say
(September 8, 2015)
- NLRB Dismisses Union Bid from Northwestern Football Players
(August 25, 2015)
- Labor Department Issues Guidance on Misclassification of Workers
(August 10, 2015)
- IRS Publishes Additional Guidance on Affordable Care Act Excise Tax
(August 10, 2015)
- ACA Rules on Contraceptive Services Finalized
(July 30, 2015)
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- Get Well Soon
- Business Intel
- Here's to Your Health Care
- Benefits of a Robust Onboard Orientation
- Business Intel
- An Easy Way to Enrich Employee Discount Programs
- The Business Case for Being Kind
- The Personal Touch
- Managing Faculty Talent
- Single Provider, Multiple Choices
- Career Headquarters - the premier nationwide resource for employment opportunities in higher education business, finance, and administration. Anyone can visit this site to post a job or search for a career-membership in the association is not a requirement.
- What's on Your HR Horizon? - Strategic human resource issues in higher education are covered in NACUBO's new quarterly e-newsletter. Subscribe for free.
- Human Resources eGroup: Update your subscription on NACUBO Connections.
- FLSA Resource Page
Business Organization Links
- CUPA-HR -- Founded more than 50 years ago, the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources serves more than 6,300 human resource (HR) administrators at nearly 1,600 colleges and universities as well as others interested in the advancement of human resources in higher education, including students and HR service providers.
- SHRM -- The Society for Human Resource Management is the world's largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 175,000 individual members, the Society's mission is to serve the needs of HR professionals by providing the most essential and comprehensive resources available.
Director, Tax Policy
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Big Opportunities for Small Institutions
September 20-21, 2016
- 2016 Tax Forum
September 25-27, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives