FEMA Offering Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grants
January 15, 2004
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is making available $3.6 million in Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) funds as Disaster Resistant University (DRU) grants to assist universities to implement pre-disaster mitigation programs that reduce overall risk to facilities, research assets, students, and faculty. Applications are due to the appropriate FEMA Regional Office by March 1. The Notice of Funds Availability, grant guidance, and other relevant information is available at http://www.fema.gov/fima/dru.shtm.
FEMA is building on the success of the DRU pilot program in which five institutions made significant mitigation improvements in their campus environments and school-related activities. To view the resulting publication, “Building a Disaster Resistant University,” visit http://www.fema.gov/pdf/fima/dru_report.pdf.
New PDM grants to institutions are available through the state emergency management agency, and are also available through federally recognized Indian Tribal governments. State universities are eligible to apply for the grants as sub-applicants. Although private institutions are ineligible applicants, they are encouraged to request an eligible entity, including a state university, submit an application on their behalf. Interested independent institutions and state universities should consult the official designated point of contact in their state or tribe for more information pertaining to their application process. If an organization does not know who to contact, LaBrina Jones at FEMA will provide this information ( LaBrina.Jones@fema.gov or 202.646.4331).
- Affordable Care Act: Final Rules on Coverage for Adjuncts and Students
- Administrative Jobs and Benefits Costs Drive Higher Ed Labor Costs
- OMB Super Circular Makes Changes to Audit Requirements
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis