FEMA Offering Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grants
January 15, 2004
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is making available $3.6 million in Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) funds as Disaster Resistant University (DRU) grants to assist universities to implement pre-disaster mitigation programs that reduce overall risk to facilities, research assets, students, and faculty. Applications are due to the appropriate FEMA Regional Office by March 1. The Notice of Funds Availability, grant guidance, and other relevant information is available at http://www.fema.gov/fima/dru.shtm.
FEMA is building on the success of the DRU pilot program in which five institutions made significant mitigation improvements in their campus environments and school-related activities. To view the resulting publication, “Building a Disaster Resistant University,” visit http://www.fema.gov/pdf/fima/dru_report.pdf.
New PDM grants to institutions are available through the state emergency management agency, and are also available through federally recognized Indian Tribal governments. State universities are eligible to apply for the grants as sub-applicants. Although private institutions are ineligible applicants, they are encouraged to request an eligible entity, including a state university, submit an application on their behalf. Interested independent institutions and state universities should consult the official designated point of contact in their state or tribe for more information pertaining to their application process. If an organization does not know who to contact, LaBrina Jones at FEMA will provide this information ( LaBrina.Jones@fema.gov or 202.646.4331).
- Tuition Discount Rates Reach New Record Level in 2015-16
- ED Offers Supplemental Cash Management Guidance
- Federal Agencies Release Guidance on Civil Rights Protections for Transgender Students
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives