College and University Business Administration, 7th Edition - Treasury Management
An effective treasury management program ensures that money is in the right place in the right amount at the right time. Stewardship over the cash assets and liabilities of a college or university involves maximizing investment income, using debt strategically, optimizing liquidity, managing risks, and streamlining processes associated with cash flows.
- Banks Ride ARC to Record Wave of ACH Payments (April 11, 2005)
- Consumers Have More Protection with Check Conversion, NACHA Tells Congress (April 20, 2005)
- The Treasury Institute for Higher Education was developed to promote better treasury practices in higher education. The Institute's primary objective is to enhance treasury operations in larger institutions by providing worthwhile content through its Web site.
- NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association
The leading organization in developing electronic solutions to improve the payments system, NACHA develops operating rules and business practices for the Automated Clearing House (ACH) Network and for electronic payments in the areas of Internet commerce, electronic bill and invoice presentment and payment (EBPP, EIPP), e-checks, financial electronic data interchange (EDI), international payments, and electronic benefits transfer (EBT).
- Association for Financial Professionals
The global resource and advocate for the finance profession, AFP provides products, education and training for treasury and corporate finance. AFP provides professional certification, continuing education, public policy research, development of industry standards, financial tools and publications, training and career development, and representation to legislators and regulators.
- New International ACH Rules Take Effect September 18
(August 13, 2009)
- Credit Card Data Security Standards Got You Up at Night?
(June 27, 2007)
- Meeting Credit Card Security Requirements
(May 11, 2005)
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- How to Prevent a Financial Fiasco
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives