College and University Business Administration, 7th Edition - Treasury Management
An effective treasury management program ensures that money is in the right place in the right amount at the right time. Stewardship over the cash assets and liabilities of a college or university involves maximizing investment income, using debt strategically, optimizing liquidity, managing risks, and streamlining processes associated with cash flows.
- Banks Ride ARC to Record Wave of ACH Payments (April 11, 2005)
- Consumers Have More Protection with Check Conversion, NACHA Tells Congress (April 20, 2005)
- The Treasury Institute for Higher Education was developed to promote better treasury practices in higher education. The Institute's primary objective is to enhance treasury operations in larger institutions by providing worthwhile content through its Web site.
- NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association
The leading organization in developing electronic solutions to improve the payments system, NACHA develops operating rules and business practices for the Automated Clearing House (ACH) Network and for electronic payments in the areas of Internet commerce, electronic bill and invoice presentment and payment (EBPP, EIPP), e-checks, financial electronic data interchange (EDI), international payments, and electronic benefits transfer (EBT).
- Association for Financial Professionals
The global resource and advocate for the finance profession, AFP provides products, education and training for treasury and corporate finance. AFP provides professional certification, continuing education, public policy research, development of industry standards, financial tools and publications, training and career development, and representation to legislators and regulators.
- New International ACH Rules Take Effect September 18
(August 13, 2009)
- Credit Card Data Security Standards Got You Up at Night?
(June 27, 2007)
- Meeting Credit Card Security Requirements
(May 11, 2005)
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- How to Prevent a Financial Fiasco
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis