The Basics of Municipal Bonds
November 26, 2013
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), an organization charged with developing rules for the municipal securities market, hosts an excellent resource called EMMA—Electronic Municipal Market Access—on its website. EMMA markets itself as the official source for municipal disclosures and market data. The website includes an "education center" that can help you educate your constituents on the basics of municipal bonds.
The work of the MSRB, established by Congress in the mid-1970s, is subject to the oversight of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Senior Fellow, Finance and Campus Management
- Comments on Form 1098-T Reporting Due Soon
- New ITIN Procedures For Certifying Acceptance Agents and International Students
- Higher Education Community Offers Comments on Web Accessibility Proposal
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives