The Basics of Municipal Bonds
November 26, 2013
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), an organization charged with developing rules for the municipal securities market, hosts an excellent resource called EMMA—Electronic Municipal Market Access—on its website. EMMA markets itself as the official source for municipal disclosures and market data. The website includes an "education center" that can help you educate your constituents on the basics of municipal bonds.
The work of the MSRB, established by Congress in the mid-1970s, is subject to the oversight of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Senior Fellow, Finance and Campus Management
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference