The Basics of Municipal Bonds
November 26, 2013
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), an organization charged with developing rules for the municipal securities market, hosts an excellent resource called EMMA—Electronic Municipal Market Access—on its website. EMMA markets itself as the official source for municipal disclosures and market data. The website includes an "education center" that can help you educate your constituents on the basics of municipal bonds.
The work of the MSRB, established by Congress in the mid-1970s, is subject to the oversight of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Senior Fellow, Finance and Campus Management
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis