The Basics of Municipal Bonds
November 26, 2013
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), an organization charged with developing rules for the municipal securities market, hosts an excellent resource called EMMA—Electronic Municipal Market Access—on its website. EMMA markets itself as the official source for municipal disclosures and market data. The website includes an "education center" that can help you educate your constituents on the basics of municipal bonds.
The work of the MSRB, established by Congress in the mid-1970s, is subject to the oversight of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Senior Fellow, Finance and Campus Management
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO