NACUBO and ACE Share Community Comments With Nonprofit Panel
May 20, 2005
NACUBO and the American Council on Education (ACE) submitted comments to The Nonprofit Panel, weighing in on the panel's recommendations for exempt organization reform, which will be submitted to the Senate Finance Committee next month. The Nonprofit Panel, convened by Independent Sector, is a large and diverse group of nonprofits that formed to respond to the committee's proposals for addressing abuses and enhancing accountability of exempt organizations. Six higher education associations joined NACUBO and ACE in making the statement, which addressed the following issues:
- executive compensation;
- travel expenses;
- donor-advised funds;
- Type III supporting organizations;
- noncash contributions; and
- revisions to Forms 990 and 990-PF.
The Nonprofit Panel is expected to submit final comments to the Senate Finance Committee in June. The committee tentatively plans to hold a June 8 hearing on perceived charity abuses involving conservation easements and land issues. Committee staff are expected to testify at the hearing on the results of their investigation and present staff recommendations on broad-based charity reforms that go beyond conservation easements and land issues.
The NACUBO contact for tax issues is Mary Bachinger.
- ED Tightens New "Gainful Employment" Rules
- GASB Studies Irrevocable Charitable Trusts
- ED Negotiations Focus on Cash Management
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis