NACUBO and ACE Share Community Comments With Nonprofit Panel
May 20, 2005
NACUBO and the American Council on Education (ACE) submitted comments to The Nonprofit Panel, weighing in on the panel's recommendations for exempt organization reform, which will be submitted to the Senate Finance Committee next month. The Nonprofit Panel, convened by Independent Sector, is a large and diverse group of nonprofits that formed to respond to the committee's proposals for addressing abuses and enhancing accountability of exempt organizations. Six higher education associations joined NACUBO and ACE in making the statement, which addressed the following issues:
- executive compensation;
- travel expenses;
- donor-advised funds;
- Type III supporting organizations;
- noncash contributions; and
- revisions to Forms 990 and 990-PF.
The Nonprofit Panel is expected to submit final comments to the Senate Finance Committee in June. The committee tentatively plans to hold a June 8 hearing on perceived charity abuses involving conservation easements and land issues. Committee staff are expected to testify at the hearing on the results of their investigation and present staff recommendations on broad-based charity reforms that go beyond conservation easements and land issues.
The NACUBO contact for tax issues is Mary Bachinger.
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference