NACUBO, Treasury Institute for Higher Education Forge Alliance
June 1, 2004
NACUBO forged an alliance with the Treasury Institute for Higher Education, an independent, nonprofit organization devoted to enhancing treasury operations for higher education institutions. Teaming with TIHE allows NACUBO to expand and enhance the offerings available to those responsible for the treasury function on campus.
NACUBO and TIHE plan to develop a treasury “map” that provides a comprehensive view of treasury-related topics. It will form the basis for curricular development plans for Web-based programs and training at both organizations.
“We continue to look to alliances like this one to leverage our community’s resources,” says Mark Olson, NACUBO’s executive vice president and chief operating officer. “In this way we can provide greater breadth and depth in our professional development, research, and publication programs for our membership.”
TIHE offers education, professional and career development, and research for mid- and senior-level treasury managers of colleges and universities with budgets of at least $100 million. The organization focuses on leading treasury management issues through eight broad categories: investments (cash and operating assets); e-business; the financial marketplace; balance sheet—asset and liability issues in working capital; treasury risk; managing external sources and services; career development issues; and business environment issues.
The alliance’s inaugural offering was a webcast entitled “Using More ACH: Initiatives and Implementation,” presented by Joseph Tinucci, assistant director of asset management, University of Colorado, and a member of TIHE’s executive committee.
For more information, visit http://www.treasuryinstitute.org/.
- Tuition Increases Slow, While Student Loan Borrowing Declines, College Board Reports
- IRS Response to NACUBO on 1098-T Penalties Offers No Relief
- IRS Publishes Final Rules on Overpayments of Arbitrage Rebate on Tax-Exempt Bonds
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis