NACUBO, Treasury Institute for Higher Education Forge Alliance
June 1, 2004
NACUBO forged an alliance with the Treasury Institute for Higher Education, an independent, nonprofit organization devoted to enhancing treasury operations for higher education institutions. Teaming with TIHE allows NACUBO to expand and enhance the offerings available to those responsible for the treasury function on campus.
NACUBO and TIHE plan to develop a treasury “map” that provides a comprehensive view of treasury-related topics. It will form the basis for curricular development plans for Web-based programs and training at both organizations.
“We continue to look to alliances like this one to leverage our community’s resources,” says Mark Olson, NACUBO’s executive vice president and chief operating officer. “In this way we can provide greater breadth and depth in our professional development, research, and publication programs for our membership.”
TIHE offers education, professional and career development, and research for mid- and senior-level treasury managers of colleges and universities with budgets of at least $100 million. The organization focuses on leading treasury management issues through eight broad categories: investments (cash and operating assets); e-business; the financial marketplace; balance sheet—asset and liability issues in working capital; treasury risk; managing external sources and services; career development issues; and business environment issues.
The alliance’s inaugural offering was a webcast entitled “Using More ACH: Initiatives and Implementation,” presented by Joseph Tinucci, assistant director of asset management, University of Colorado, and a member of TIHE’s executive committee.
For more information, visit http://www.treasuryinstitute.org/.
- College Endowment Average Return Falls to 2.4 Percent in FY15, Endowment Spending Up Sharply
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis