ED Releases ARRA Reporting Guidance for FWS Program
October 13, 2009
Late on October 9, the Department of Education released guidance on reporting for the Federal Work Study (FWS) program under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). Colleges and universities that have been awarded $25,000 or more in 09-10 FWS funding from ARRA are required to file reports detailing jobs created or maintained at www.federalreporting.gov. While the deadline for reporting was October 10, institutions will be allowed to file the required reports until October 21 to accommodate for the late guidance from ED.
The guidance stipulates that the first funds drawn from the institution's 09-10 FWS funds are assumed to be ARRA funds. Additionally, ARRA expenditures reported are equal to the total actual net drawdowns (not payments made to employed students) of 09-10 FWS funds received from ED during the quarter ending September 30, 2009. The number of FWS jobs reported is on a FTE basis, regardless of the number of part-time jobs funded. ED guidance provides a formula for calculating the number of FTE jobs created or maintained. ED's announcement includes a tip sheet that institutions can use when reporting their ARRA FWS funds.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis