ED Releases ARRA Reporting Guidance for FWS Program
October 13, 2009
Late on October 9, the Department of Education released guidance on reporting for the Federal Work Study (FWS) program under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). Colleges and universities that have been awarded $25,000 or more in 09-10 FWS funding from ARRA are required to file reports detailing jobs created or maintained at www.federalreporting.gov. While the deadline for reporting was October 10, institutions will be allowed to file the required reports until October 21 to accommodate for the late guidance from ED.
The guidance stipulates that the first funds drawn from the institution's 09-10 FWS funds are assumed to be ARRA funds. Additionally, ARRA expenditures reported are equal to the total actual net drawdowns (not payments made to employed students) of 09-10 FWS funds received from ED during the quarter ending September 30, 2009. The number of FWS jobs reported is on a FTE basis, regardless of the number of part-time jobs funded. ED guidance provides a formula for calculating the number of FTE jobs created or maintained. ED's announcement includes a tip sheet that institutions can use when reporting their ARRA FWS funds.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives