ED Releases ARRA Reporting Guidance for FWS Program
October 13, 2009
Late on October 9, the Department of Education released guidance on reporting for the Federal Work Study (FWS) program under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). Colleges and universities that have been awarded $25,000 or more in 09-10 FWS funding from ARRA are required to file reports detailing jobs created or maintained at www.federalreporting.gov. While the deadline for reporting was October 10, institutions will be allowed to file the required reports until October 21 to accommodate for the late guidance from ED.
The guidance stipulates that the first funds drawn from the institution's 09-10 FWS funds are assumed to be ARRA funds. Additionally, ARRA expenditures reported are equal to the total actual net drawdowns (not payments made to employed students) of 09-10 FWS funds received from ED during the quarter ending September 30, 2009. The number of FWS jobs reported is on a FTE basis, regardless of the number of part-time jobs funded. ED guidance provides a formula for calculating the number of FTE jobs created or maintained. ED's announcement includes a tip sheet that institutions can use when reporting their ARRA FWS funds.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference