Commonfund Institute Releases Study on Responsible Investing
September 5, 2013
A new study released by the Commonfund Institute delves into the complex question of whether a portfolio's long-term performance can be enhanced by including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations in the selection process. "From SRI to ESG: The Changing World of Responsible Investing" defines the three main categories of responsible investing, summarizes common concerns, and offers several practical steps for institutions interested in implementing ESG considerations in their investment portfolio. Earlier this year, Harvard Management Company hired Jameela Pedicini as its first vice president for sustainable investment insures this topic will be of interest to governing boards, students, and chief investment officers for the foreseeable future.
NACUBO's annual Endowment and Debt Management Forum, scheduled for February 5-7, 2014, in New York City, will include a presentation on this topic by Nancy Pfund, Managing Director of Double Bottom Line Venture Capital. DBL Investors uses venture capital to accelerate innovation in a way that positively impacts an organization's social ecosystem as well as its financial success.
Senior Fellow, Finance and Campus Management
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET