Commonfund Institute Releases Study on Responsible Investing
September 5, 2013
A new study released by the Commonfund Institute delves into the complex question of whether a portfolio's long-term performance can be enhanced by including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations in the selection process. "From SRI to ESG: The Changing World of Responsible Investing" defines the three main categories of responsible investing, summarizes common concerns, and offers several practical steps for institutions interested in implementing ESG considerations in their investment portfolio. Earlier this year, Harvard Management Company hired Jameela Pedicini as its first vice president for sustainable investment insures this topic will be of interest to governing boards, students, and chief investment officers for the foreseeable future.
NACUBO's annual Endowment and Debt Management Forum, scheduled for February 5-7, 2014, in New York City, will include a presentation on this topic by Nancy Pfund, Managing Director of Double Bottom Line Venture Capital. DBL Investors uses venture capital to accelerate innovation in a way that positively impacts an organization's social ecosystem as well as its financial success.
Senior Fellow, Finance and Campus Management
- Policy Makers Issue Higher Education Act Reauthorization Proposals
- ED Delays on State Authorization Rules
- NACUBO and ACE Release Question and Answer Document on DOD's Tuition Assistance MOU
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis