Commonfund Institute Releases Study on Responsible Investing
September 5, 2013
A new study released by the Commonfund Institute delves into the complex question of whether a portfolio's long-term performance can be enhanced by including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations in the selection process. "From SRI to ESG: The Changing World of Responsible Investing" defines the three main categories of responsible investing, summarizes common concerns, and offers several practical steps for institutions interested in implementing ESG considerations in their investment portfolio. Earlier this year, Harvard Management Company hired Jameela Pedicini as its first vice president for sustainable investment insures this topic will be of interest to governing boards, students, and chief investment officers for the foreseeable future.
NACUBO's annual Endowment and Debt Management Forum, scheduled for February 5-7, 2014, in New York City, will include a presentation on this topic by Nancy Pfund, Managing Director of Double Bottom Line Venture Capital. DBL Investors uses venture capital to accelerate innovation in a way that positively impacts an organization's social ecosystem as well as its financial success.
Senior Fellow, Finance and Campus Management
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO