Commonfund Institute Releases Study on Responsible Investing
September 5, 2013
A new study released by the Commonfund Institute delves into the complex question of whether a portfolio's long-term performance can be enhanced by including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations in the selection process. "From SRI to ESG: The Changing World of Responsible Investing" defines the three main categories of responsible investing, summarizes common concerns, and offers several practical steps for institutions interested in implementing ESG considerations in their investment portfolio. Earlier this year, Harvard Management Company hired Jameela Pedicini as its first vice president for sustainable investment insures this topic will be of interest to governing boards, students, and chief investment officers for the foreseeable future.
NACUBO's annual Endowment and Debt Management Forum, scheduled for February 5-7, 2014, in New York City, will include a presentation on this topic by Nancy Pfund, Managing Director of Double Bottom Line Venture Capital. DBL Investors uses venture capital to accelerate innovation in a way that positively impacts an organization's social ecosystem as well as its financial success.
Senior Fellow, Finance and Campus Management
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference