Commonfund Institute Releases Study on Responsible Investing
September 5, 2013
A new study released by the Commonfund Institute delves into the complex question of whether a portfolio's long-term performance can be enhanced by including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations in the selection process. "From SRI to ESG: The Changing World of Responsible Investing" defines the three main categories of responsible investing, summarizes common concerns, and offers several practical steps for institutions interested in implementing ESG considerations in their investment portfolio. Earlier this year, Harvard Management Company hired Jameela Pedicini as its first vice president for sustainable investment insures this topic will be of interest to governing boards, students, and chief investment officers for the foreseeable future.
NACUBO's annual Endowment and Debt Management Forum, scheduled for February 5-7, 2014, in New York City, will include a presentation on this topic by Nancy Pfund, Managing Director of Double Bottom Line Venture Capital. DBL Investors uses venture capital to accelerate innovation in a way that positively impacts an organization's social ecosystem as well as its financial success.
Senior Fellow, Finance and Campus Management
- Comments on Form 1098-T Reporting Due Soon
- New ITIN Procedures For Certifying Acceptance Agents and International Students
- Higher Education Community Offers Comments on Web Accessibility Proposal
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives