EPA Seeks Model Courses for Teaching Smart Growth Principles
March 9, 2005
The Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Policy, Economics, and Innovation seeks submissions of model course prospectuses on smart growth principles. A number of the submissions will be used in a publication of model courses in smart growth planning, policy, and implementation. The course prospectuses should address one or more of the smart growth principles, such as mix land uses, compact building design, creating walkable neighborhoods, reinvesting and strengthening existing communities, among others.
The projects described in course prospectuses must use smart growth principles in improving the quality of life in a community. Projects may include, but are not limited to, fiscal analysis of a development, town/gown partnerships, college/university expansion into existing neighborhoods, open space preservation, and preservation of buildings and historic districts.
Smart growth development practices support environmental and public health goals by protecting sensitive watersheds, minimizing water quality impacts from development, reducing air emissions by increasing transportation choices, and encouraging cleanup and sustainable redevelopment of brownfields.
Information about the final publication, detailed submission requirements, and selection process is available. The submission deadline is May 2. Contact Matthew Dalbey, EPA, for more information at 202.566.2860, or contact Michele Madia, 202.861.2554 at NACUBO.
- Total Undergraduate Enrollment Projected to Increase 14 Percent by 2025
- IRS Explains Forms 1042-S Solution
- NACUBO Responds to GASB's Lease Proposal
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives