EPA Seeks Model Courses for Teaching Smart Growth Principles
March 9, 2005
The Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Policy, Economics, and Innovation seeks submissions of model course prospectuses on smart growth principles. A number of the submissions will be used in a publication of model courses in smart growth planning, policy, and implementation. The course prospectuses should address one or more of the smart growth principles, such as mix land uses, compact building design, creating walkable neighborhoods, reinvesting and strengthening existing communities, among others.
The projects described in course prospectuses must use smart growth principles in improving the quality of life in a community. Projects may include, but are not limited to, fiscal analysis of a development, town/gown partnerships, college/university expansion into existing neighborhoods, open space preservation, and preservation of buildings and historic districts.
Smart growth development practices support environmental and public health goals by protecting sensitive watersheds, minimizing water quality impacts from development, reducing air emissions by increasing transportation choices, and encouraging cleanup and sustainable redevelopment of brownfields.
Information about the final publication, detailed submission requirements, and selection process is available. The submission deadline is May 2. Contact Matthew Dalbey, EPA, for more information at 202.566.2860, or contact Michele Madia, 202.861.2554 at NACUBO.
- College Endowment Average Return Falls to 2.4 Percent in FY15, Endowment Spending Up Sharply
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis