EPA Seeks Model Courses for Teaching Smart Growth Principles
March 9, 2005
The Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Policy, Economics, and Innovation seeks submissions of model course prospectuses on smart growth principles. A number of the submissions will be used in a publication of model courses in smart growth planning, policy, and implementation. The course prospectuses should address one or more of the smart growth principles, such as mix land uses, compact building design, creating walkable neighborhoods, reinvesting and strengthening existing communities, among others.
The projects described in course prospectuses must use smart growth principles in improving the quality of life in a community. Projects may include, but are not limited to, fiscal analysis of a development, town/gown partnerships, college/university expansion into existing neighborhoods, open space preservation, and preservation of buildings and historic districts.
Smart growth development practices support environmental and public health goals by protecting sensitive watersheds, minimizing water quality impacts from development, reducing air emissions by increasing transportation choices, and encouraging cleanup and sustainable redevelopment of brownfields.
Information about the final publication, detailed submission requirements, and selection process is available. The submission deadline is May 2. Contact Matthew Dalbey, EPA, for more information at 202.566.2860, or contact Michele Madia, 202.861.2554 at NACUBO.
- Federal Court Postpones Effective Date of Overtime Rule
- 1098-T Box 1 Reporting Will Not be Required Until 2018 Tax Year
- EPA Issues Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives