EPA Seeks Model Courses for Teaching Smart Growth Principles
March 9, 2005
The Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Policy, Economics, and Innovation seeks submissions of model course prospectuses on smart growth principles. A number of the submissions will be used in a publication of model courses in smart growth planning, policy, and implementation. The course prospectuses should address one or more of the smart growth principles, such as mix land uses, compact building design, creating walkable neighborhoods, reinvesting and strengthening existing communities, among others.
The projects described in course prospectuses must use smart growth principles in improving the quality of life in a community. Projects may include, but are not limited to, fiscal analysis of a development, town/gown partnerships, college/university expansion into existing neighborhoods, open space preservation, and preservation of buildings and historic districts.
Smart growth development practices support environmental and public health goals by protecting sensitive watersheds, minimizing water quality impacts from development, reducing air emissions by increasing transportation choices, and encouraging cleanup and sustainable redevelopment of brownfields.
Information about the final publication, detailed submission requirements, and selection process is available. The submission deadline is May 2. Contact Matthew Dalbey, EPA, for more information at 202.566.2860, or contact Michele Madia, 202.861.2554 at NACUBO.
- IRS Releases Final Report on College and University Compliance Project
- NACUBO Seeks Input on Ethics, Fraud, and Controls
- FY13 Implementation Reminder for Independent Institutions
- CAO and CBO Collaborations: Leveraging Institutional Capacity to Impact Effectiveness
August 5-6, 2013
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 16-17, 2013
- WEBCAST: Improve Your NFP Audit and Accounting Guide IQ
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The Higher Education Accounting Forum Online
- ON-DEMAND: OD: The Cashless and Paperless Business Office
- ON-DEMAND: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis