New Sustainability Resources Available from C2E2
November 20, 2006
The Campus Consortium for Environmental Excellence (C2E2), NACUBO's partner on an EPA grant and the 2nd Annual Smart and Sustainable Campuses Conference, released two new resources on benchmarking and communication about climate change.
C2E2 released the "2006 Benchmark Survey of the State of Environmental Management Systems at Colleges and Universities." The survey found that two-thirds of colleges and universities are developing or have an interest in developing an Environmental Management System (EMS), yet EMS activities are still in their infancy. More than 250 individuals at 206 colleges and universities completed the survey. The report also provides information regarding the campus management of sustainability initiatives, and includes benchmark data regarding the emergence of environmental performance reporting on campus.
C2E2, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and CERES have made available a streaming media presentation on "Communicating Climate Change" by Solitaire Townsend, a co-found of Futerra, a sustainability communications firm in the United Kingdom. Townsend spoke at MIT on September 7, 2006. Townsend discusses her market research based insights concerning how best to communicate the issues and promote behavior change. The presentation also includes a review of her 20 practical "tips" for effective climate change communication.
For more information, contact Tom Balf, C2E2.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET