New Sustainability Resources Available from C2E2
November 20, 2006
The Campus Consortium for Environmental Excellence (C2E2), NACUBO's partner on an EPA grant and the 2nd Annual Smart and Sustainable Campuses Conference, released two new resources on benchmarking and communication about climate change.
C2E2 released the "2006 Benchmark Survey of the State of Environmental Management Systems at Colleges and Universities." The survey found that two-thirds of colleges and universities are developing or have an interest in developing an Environmental Management System (EMS), yet EMS activities are still in their infancy. More than 250 individuals at 206 colleges and universities completed the survey. The report also provides information regarding the campus management of sustainability initiatives, and includes benchmark data regarding the emergence of environmental performance reporting on campus.
C2E2, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and CERES have made available a streaming media presentation on "Communicating Climate Change" by Solitaire Townsend, a co-found of Futerra, a sustainability communications firm in the United Kingdom. Townsend spoke at MIT on September 7, 2006. Townsend discusses her market research based insights concerning how best to communicate the issues and promote behavior change. The presentation also includes a review of her 20 practical "tips" for effective climate change communication.
For more information, contact Tom Balf, C2E2.
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis