New Sustainability Resources Available from C2E2
November 20, 2006
The Campus Consortium for Environmental Excellence (C2E2), NACUBO's partner on an EPA grant and the 2nd Annual Smart and Sustainable Campuses Conference, released two new resources on benchmarking and communication about climate change.
C2E2 released the "2006 Benchmark Survey of the State of Environmental Management Systems at Colleges and Universities." The survey found that two-thirds of colleges and universities are developing or have an interest in developing an Environmental Management System (EMS), yet EMS activities are still in their infancy. More than 250 individuals at 206 colleges and universities completed the survey. The report also provides information regarding the campus management of sustainability initiatives, and includes benchmark data regarding the emergence of environmental performance reporting on campus.
C2E2, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and CERES have made available a streaming media presentation on "Communicating Climate Change" by Solitaire Townsend, a co-found of Futerra, a sustainability communications firm in the United Kingdom. Townsend spoke at MIT on September 7, 2006. Townsend discusses her market research based insights concerning how best to communicate the issues and promote behavior change. The presentation also includes a review of her 20 practical "tips" for effective climate change communication.
For more information, contact Tom Balf, C2E2.
- Associations Respond to DACA and DREAM Act Concerns
- Congress Makes Changes to GI Bill Education Benefits
- CFPB Report Criticizes Campus Banking Agreements
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15AM ET
- WEBCAST: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus