Homeland Security Best Management Practices
January 15, 2004
Five institutions recently developed case studies on homeland security issues for the Environmental Protection Agency's Best Management Practice Catalog. Cornell University, Harvard University, the University of New Hampshire, the University of North Carolina, and Vanderbilt University provided case studies in the areas of preparedness, prevention and mitigation, response, and communication.
Given the emphasis on planning and preparedness since 9/11, these studies highlight steps to increase awareness of risks and security and enhance communication and coordination on campus and within the community. The case studies are available though the EPA's Web site at http://www.epa.gov/region1/assistance/univ/bmpcatalog.html.
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives