Homeland Security Best Management Practices
January 15, 2004
Five institutions recently developed case studies on homeland security issues for the Environmental Protection Agency's Best Management Practice Catalog. Cornell University, Harvard University, the University of New Hampshire, the University of North Carolina, and Vanderbilt University provided case studies in the areas of preparedness, prevention and mitigation, response, and communication.
Given the emphasis on planning and preparedness since 9/11, these studies highlight steps to increase awareness of risks and security and enhance communication and coordination on campus and within the community. The case studies are available though the EPA's Web site at http://www.epa.gov/region1/assistance/univ/bmpcatalog.html.
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis