Homeland Security Best Management Practices
January 15, 2004
Five institutions recently developed case studies on homeland security issues for the Environmental Protection Agency's Best Management Practice Catalog. Cornell University, Harvard University, the University of New Hampshire, the University of North Carolina, and Vanderbilt University provided case studies in the areas of preparedness, prevention and mitigation, response, and communication.
Given the emphasis on planning and preparedness since 9/11, these studies highlight steps to increase awareness of risks and security and enhance communication and coordination on campus and within the community. The case studies are available though the EPA's Web site at http://www.epa.gov/region1/assistance/univ/bmpcatalog.html.
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference