Homeland Security Best Management Practices
January 15, 2004
Five institutions recently developed case studies on homeland security issues for the Environmental Protection Agency's Best Management Practice Catalog. Cornell University, Harvard University, the University of New Hampshire, the University of North Carolina, and Vanderbilt University provided case studies in the areas of preparedness, prevention and mitigation, response, and communication.
Given the emphasis on planning and preparedness since 9/11, these studies highlight steps to increase awareness of risks and security and enhance communication and coordination on campus and within the community. The case studies are available though the EPA's Web site at http://www.epa.gov/region1/assistance/univ/bmpcatalog.html.
- Financial Responsibility Scores Released for FY13
- IRS Publishes Guidance on "Cadillac" Health Coverage
- 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments Now Available Online
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis