EPA Issues Call for Papers With Smart Growth Focus
June 1, 2005
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued a call for papers for the first annual Smart and Sustainable Campuses Conference to be held November 3-4, 2005, at the University of Maryland, College Park. Abstracts must be submitted by July 15.
College and universities are faced with many environmental issues and have significant impact on the built and natural environment. Many institutions are addressing issues associated with growth, energy, transportation, waste management, and relationships with local communities through innovative practices and solutions. This conference will bring together university and college leaders in the areas of campus planning and development; environmental health and safety; sustainability; finance and business; facilities management; and procurement as well as decision makers in communities in which colleges and universities are located. In addition to EPA and the University of Maryland, the conference is sponsored by NACUBO, the Society for College and University Planning, and the Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers.
This is a call for papers to showcase best practices that are appropriate to the program session.
- Comments on Form 1098-T Reporting Due Soon
- New ITIN Procedures For Certifying Acceptance Agents and International Students
- Higher Education Community Offers Comments on Web Accessibility Proposal
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives