EPA Issues Call for Papers With Smart Growth Focus
June 1, 2005
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued a call for papers for the first annual Smart and Sustainable Campuses Conference to be held November 3-4, 2005, at the University of Maryland, College Park. Abstracts must be submitted by July 15.
College and universities are faced with many environmental issues and have significant impact on the built and natural environment. Many institutions are addressing issues associated with growth, energy, transportation, waste management, and relationships with local communities through innovative practices and solutions. This conference will bring together university and college leaders in the areas of campus planning and development; environmental health and safety; sustainability; finance and business; facilities management; and procurement as well as decision makers in communities in which colleges and universities are located. In addition to EPA and the University of Maryland, the conference is sponsored by NACUBO, the Society for College and University Planning, and the Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers.
This is a call for papers to showcase best practices that are appropriate to the program session.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET