EPA Issues Call for Papers With Smart Growth Focus
June 1, 2005
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued a call for papers for the first annual Smart and Sustainable Campuses Conference to be held November 3-4, 2005, at the University of Maryland, College Park. Abstracts must be submitted by July 15.
College and universities are faced with many environmental issues and have significant impact on the built and natural environment. Many institutions are addressing issues associated with growth, energy, transportation, waste management, and relationships with local communities through innovative practices and solutions. This conference will bring together university and college leaders in the areas of campus planning and development; environmental health and safety; sustainability; finance and business; facilities management; and procurement as well as decision makers in communities in which colleges and universities are located. In addition to EPA and the University of Maryland, the conference is sponsored by NACUBO, the Society for College and University Planning, and the Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers.
This is a call for papers to showcase best practices that are appropriate to the program session.
- ED Releases College Ratings System Framework
- Recap: Top 10 Federal Policy Changes in 2014
- Obama Proposes Free Community College
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis