APPA’s Facilities Performance Indicators Survey Now Open
September 10, 2008
How well is your facilities portfolio aligned with your institution’s strategic direction? Encourage your facilities manager to complete APPA’s 2007-8 comprehensive Facilities Performance Indicators (FPI) Survey and receive answers to essential questions about infrastructure investments and customer satisfaction with building space. NACUBO worked closely with APPA on data points related to financing. Data is being collected until December 1, 2008.
APPA’s 2008 FPI survey is easier and more user-friendly. It defines essential data points, vastly reducing the number of indicators you need to collect and gives you a framework with which to educate campus decision makers about critical management realities.
The 2008 FPI will continue to embrace the concepts of the balanced scorecard through the inclusion of indicators from each of the four balanced scorecard perspectives. The organizing framework, however, will shift from modules to an essential question set for which all facilities professionals should have the answers.
The Essential Questions:
- What facilities make up our institution?
- Is my institution adequately funding the facilities management annual budget?
- Are the operating funds that my facilities department receives being spent in a manner that supports desired outcomes?
- Is my institution making the right investment in our existing buildings, infrastructure and academic programs?
- Are the customers satisfied with the space and service?
- Am I building a staff that can sustain excellence?
To learn more about the survey, participate in a webinar on September 24, 2008. The webinar, entitled "Facilities Performance: how to Measure It and Maximize Operation Excellence," will provide insight on how institutions can participate in and utilize the Facilities Performance Indicators program.
Contact Christina Hills for more information about the FPI and to arrange for data collection assistance: email@example.com 703-684-1446
- Task Force Urges Regulatory Reform
- Legislators Take Action on Education, Charitable and Research Incentives
- Associations Comment on College Ratings System
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis