Transportation Safety Guide Available
June 27, 2006
Don't wait for an accident to focus your attention on student transportation risks.
A new publication, Safety in Student Transportation: A Resource Guide for Colleges and Universities, analyzes the risks of various types of travel and offers many suggestions, sample policies and forms, and external resources for institutions to use to improve travel policies and procedures. Acknowledging that decisions about student travel must balance risk, convenience, and cost, and that institutional circumstances vary considerably, the guide provides multiple choices.
Road travel is covered extensively, including vehicle maintenance, driver qualifications, types of vehicles, and safe driving practices. Also discussed are policies that institutions might adopt to ensure safer air travel, and ways to protect the college or university from liability through waivers and contracts.
This project was undertaken by the American Council on Education, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and United Educators Insurance, at the request of the National Transportation Safety Board. The NTSB was impressed with policy changes made by Oklahoma State University after a charter plane carrying members of the basketball team crashed in 2001.
- Final Rules Issued on the Violence Against Women Act
- FASB Gives Go-Ahead for Exposure Draft on NFP Reporting
- CDC Advises Colleges, Universities and Students about Ebola
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- WEBCAST: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis