Intercollegiate Athletics Survey Opens September 13
September 8, 2004
The Department of Education will begin its annual collection of data on intercollegiate athletics on September 13. Under the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA), institutions that are coeducational and have intercollegiate athletics programs must provide data on participation rates and financial operations, broken down by sport, in order to continue participation in federal student aid programs. The Web-based survey instrument must be completed by October 29.
ED sent a letter to college and university presidents, with a copy to athletic directors, in August that included a registration certificate and instructions. NACUBO urges financial officers to participate in the compilation of the financial data included in the report or review it before submission to the federal government.
ED has set up a help desk to respond to questions about EADA requirements or the online survey at 1.888.233.5421 or EADAhelp@westat.com.
For NCAA Members
NACUBO worked with the National Collegiate Athletic Association recently to help revise financial reporting requirements for NCAA member institutions. The revised reporting model improves revenue and expense definitions and includes several data elements that were absent from prior reports. The NCAA has also revised its rules on reviews by independent auditors, adopting a set of "agreed-upon procedures" to replace its financial audit requirements. NCAA requirements are intended to align with the federal EADA reporting, although the NCAA has extended its deadline until January 15. Completing the NCAA online report will facilitate filling out the federal form, as the NCAA system will produce an automated report with all of the necessary data elements for the EADA report.
NACUBO contact: Anne C. Gross, vice president, regulatory affairs, 202.861.2544.
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis