Athletics and Auxiliaries
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act
The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act requires co-educational institutions of postsecondary education that participate in a Title IV, federal student financial assistance program, and have an intercollegiate athletic program, to prepare an annual report to the Department of Education on athletic participation, staffing, and revenues and expenses, by men's and women's teams.
Statutes and Regulations
- Title 20-Education; Chapter 28-Higher Education Resources and Student Assistance; Subchapter IV-Student Assistance; Section 1092.
- Final Regulation, November 1, 1999
The OPE Equity in Athletics Disclosure Web site is a direct link to data reported by nearly 2,000 colleges and universities in the United States that participate in the Federal student aid programs and have intercollegiate athletic programs.
- ED Confirms Bookstore Arrangements
(November 28, 2012)
- More Institutions Offering Textbook Rental Options
(January 27, 2011)
- ED Letter Outlines HEOA Textbook Provisions
(June 15, 2010)
- Transportation Safety Guide Available
(June 27, 2006)
- Knight Commission Discusses College Sports Finance Issues
(November 3, 2004)
- Study Challenges Link Among Sports, Applications, and Donations
(September 9, 2004)
Reports and Links
- The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is a voluntary association of about 1,200 colleges and universities, athletic conferences and sports organizations devoted to the sound administration of intercollegiate athletics.The NCAA strives to maintain intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the educational program and the athlete as an integral part of the student body.
- Report Examines Effect of Athletics on Higher Education (August 28, 2003) A report commissioned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) examines many commonly held assumptions about the effects of athletics programs on higher education institutions, particularly the economic impacts.
- President to President -- The Will to Act (September 2, 2003) These essays by the NCAA president frame a variety of issues clearly and succinctly, and propose approaches to resoultion.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Lawmakers Introduce Bills to Simplify Student Aid
- CFPB Proposes Draft Template for Student Banking Options
- Data on Campus Law Enforcement Released
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis