Athletics and Auxiliaries
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act
The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act requires co-educational institutions of postsecondary education that participate in a Title IV, federal student financial assistance program, and have an intercollegiate athletic program, to prepare an annual report to the Department of Education on athletic participation, staffing, and revenues and expenses, by men's and women's teams.
Statutes and Regulations
- Title 20-Education; Chapter 28-Higher Education Resources and Student Assistance; Subchapter IV-Student Assistance; Section 1092.
- Final Regulation, November 1, 1999
The OPE Equity in Athletics Disclosure Web site is a direct link to data reported by nearly 2,000 colleges and universities in the United States that participate in the Federal student aid programs and have intercollegiate athletic programs.
- ED Confirms Bookstore Arrangements
(November 28, 2012)
- More Institutions Offering Textbook Rental Options
(January 27, 2011)
- ED Letter Outlines HEOA Textbook Provisions
(June 15, 2010)
- Transportation Safety Guide Available
(June 27, 2006)
- Knight Commission Discusses College Sports Finance Issues
(November 3, 2004)
- Study Challenges Link Among Sports, Applications, and Donations
(September 9, 2004)
Reports and Links
- The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is a voluntary association of about 1,200 colleges and universities, athletic conferences and sports organizations devoted to the sound administration of intercollegiate athletics.The NCAA strives to maintain intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the educational program and the athlete as an integral part of the student body.
- Report Examines Effect of Athletics on Higher Education (August 28, 2003) A report commissioned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) examines many commonly held assumptions about the effects of athletics programs on higher education institutions, particularly the economic impacts.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET