Performance Measurement Toolkit
Featured in the April Business Officer, the performance measurment toolkit guides institutions in the development or revision of their own performance measurement system. The toolkit includes example formats as well as appendices listing higher education goals and metrics and additional resources. To view the toolkit, go to the Performance Measurment Toolkit page. The toolkit was developed by the Accounting Principles Council (APC) performance measurment project team. To learn more about the project, go to the NACUBO Performance Measurement Project page.
Performance Measurement and the Accounting Standards Boards
Both the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) have launched long-term projects to address performance measurement. To learn more about these projects go to the Performance Measurement and the Accounting Standards Boards page.
Performance Measurement Reporting Survey
NACUBO recently conducted a survey, to which over 250 higher education institution representatives responded, regarding formal performance measurement at colleges and universities. The survey asked about the use of internal and external performance reporting, the opinions on and use of several categories of measures, how closely what is being reported correlates to what should be reported, and opinions and self-reported achievement of the GASB suggested criteria for performance reporting and related issues.
- Selected survey tables.
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis