Performance Measurement Toolkit
Featured in the April Business Officer, the performance measurment toolkit guides institutions in the development or revision of their own performance measurement system. The toolkit includes example formats as well as appendices listing higher education goals and metrics and additional resources. To view the toolkit, go to the Performance Measurment Toolkit page. The toolkit was developed by the Accounting Principles Council (APC) performance measurment project team. To learn more about the project, go to the NACUBO Performance Measurement Project page.
Performance Measurement and the Accounting Standards Boards
Both the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) have launched long-term projects to address performance measurement. To learn more about these projects go to the Performance Measurement and the Accounting Standards Boards page.
Performance Measurement Reporting Survey
NACUBO recently conducted a survey, to which over 250 higher education institution representatives responded, regarding formal performance measurement at colleges and universities. The survey asked about the use of internal and external performance reporting, the opinions on and use of several categories of measures, how closely what is being reported correlates to what should be reported, and opinions and self-reported achievement of the GASB suggested criteria for performance reporting and related issues.
- Selected survey tables.
- Final Rules Issued on the Violence Against Women Act
- FASB Gives Go-Ahead for Exposure Draft on NFP Reporting
- CDC Advises Colleges, Universities and Students about Ebola
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- WEBCAST: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis