Performance Measurement Toolkit
Featured in the April Business Officer, the performance measurment toolkit guides institutions in the development or revision of their own performance measurement system. The toolkit includes example formats as well as appendices listing higher education goals and metrics and additional resources. To view the toolkit, go to the Performance Measurment Toolkit page. The toolkit was developed by the Accounting Principles Council (APC) performance measurment project team. To learn more about the project, go to the NACUBO Performance Measurement Project page.
Performance Measurement and the Accounting Standards Boards
Both the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) have launched long-term projects to address performance measurement. To learn more about these projects go to the Performance Measurement and the Accounting Standards Boards page.
Performance Measurement Reporting Survey
NACUBO recently conducted a survey, to which over 250 higher education institution representatives responded, regarding formal performance measurement at colleges and universities. The survey asked about the use of internal and external performance reporting, the opinions on and use of several categories of measures, how closely what is being reported correlates to what should be reported, and opinions and self-reported achievement of the GASB suggested criteria for performance reporting and related issues.
- Selected survey tables.
- Program Integrity Rulemaking to Be Delayed
- Associations Respond to McCaskill Sexual Assault Legislation
- COFAR Releases Frequently Asked Questions on OMB's Super Circular
- 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 22-23, 2014
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis