Operating Measure for Independent Institutions
Throughout higher education's history there has never been agreement about a relevant operating measure for colleges and universities. Development of a single, fundamental operating measure for independent higher education institutions addresses stakeholders concerns of measurement consistency. NACUBO continues to work with a wide range of participants from many sectors of higher education in the ongoing discussion of a uniform measure.
Defining an Operating Measure, the culmination of a long-term project of NACUBO's Accounting Principles Council, offers advisory guidance.
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- When Operating Measures Don't Add Up (January 2004)
- Inching Toward An Operating Measure (August 2002)
- To Measure Or Not To Measure - That's Still In Question (August 2002)
- Proceedings from the September 2000 NACUBO and the National Postsecondary Education Cooperative Institutional Operating Measures Forum.
- Lawmakers Introduce Bills to Simplify Student Aid
- CFPB Proposes Draft Template for Student Banking Options
- Data on Campus Law Enforcement Released
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis