Operating Measure for Independent Institutions
Throughout higher education's history there has never been agreement about a relevant operating measure for colleges and universities. Development of a single, fundamental operating measure for independent higher education institutions addresses stakeholders concerns of measurement consistency. NACUBO continues to work with a wide range of participants from many sectors of higher education in the ongoing discussion of a uniform measure.
Defining an Operating Measure, the culmination of a long-term project of NACUBO's Accounting Principles Council, offers advisory guidance.
NACUBO Guidance - Reporting an Operating Measure
- Advisory Guidance Defining an Operating Measure for Independent Colleges and Universities Revised March 2011
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- When Operating Measures Don't Add Up (January 2004)
- Inching Toward An Operating Measure (August 2002)
- To Measure Or Not To Measure - That's Still In Question (August 2002)
- Proceedings from the September 2000 NACUBO and the National Postsecondary Education Cooperative Institutional Operating Measures Forum.
- NACUBO Responds to FASB's NFP Proposal
- Results Are In: The 2014 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
- NLRB Dismisses Union Bid from Northwestern Football Players
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis