Welcome to the higheredgasb listserv! Even though institutions are beyond GASB 34/35 implementation, the GASB remains quite active. GASB has issued seventeen standards since statement 35 while continuing to update the Comprehensive Implementation Guide, release Exposure Drafts and expand its technical plan. Consequently NACUBO and our members have identified a need for a broader discussion forum for public colleges and universities.
The purpose of higheredgasb is to provide the means for accounting professionals to raise questions, discuss issues and share accounting and reporting practices at public higher education institutions. Higheredgasb is for public colleges and universities. Accounting firms, vendors, GASB staff and government officials are not permitted to participate.
We hope to expand membership in the list, so please invite your colleagues from the business office at other colleges and universities to join.
- Visit the Connections Web Interface to subscribe, change your subscription, settings, or to browse other HigherEdGASB resources online.
- Financial Responsibility Scores Released for FY13
- IRS Publishes Guidance on "Cadillac" Health Coverage
- 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments Now Available Online
- 2015 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 26-28, 2015
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis