August 29, 2011
Advisory Guidance 2011-02: Credit Quality Disclosures
Many independent institutions have questioned how the Financial Accounting and Standards Board's Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2010-20, "Disclosures about the Credit Quality of Financing Receivables and Allowance for Credit Losses," impacts colleges and universities. NACUBO's sample disclosures seek to help institutions understand the ASU, which was issued to help financial statement users assess an entity's exposure to credit risk and evaluate its allowance for credit losses. The ASU notes that the relative significance of financing receivables to an entity's operations and financial position will determine the effect that the amended guidance has on an entity. Consequently, the impact on higher education institutions should be minimal.
View the full Advisory Guidance 2011-2 document here.
Director, Accounting Policy
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO