August 29, 2011
Advisory Guidance 2011-02: Credit Quality Disclosures
Many independent institutions have questioned how the Financial Accounting and Standards Board's Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2010-20, "Disclosures about the Credit Quality of Financing Receivables and Allowance for Credit Losses," impacts colleges and universities. NACUBO's sample disclosures seek to help institutions understand the ASU, which was issued to help financial statement users assess an entity's exposure to credit risk and evaluate its allowance for credit losses. The ASU notes that the relative significance of financing receivables to an entity's operations and financial position will determine the effect that the amended guidance has on an entity. Consequently, the impact on higher education institutions should be minimal.
View the full Advisory Guidance 2011-2 document here.
Director, Accounting Policy
- Comments on Form 1098-T Reporting Due Soon
- New ITIN Procedures For Certifying Acceptance Agents and International Students
- Higher Education Community Offers Comments on Web Accessibility Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives