August 29, 2011
Advisory Guidance 2011-02: Credit Quality Disclosures
Many independent institutions have questioned how the Financial Accounting and Standards Board's Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2010-20, "Disclosures about the Credit Quality of Financing Receivables and Allowance for Credit Losses," impacts colleges and universities. NACUBO's sample disclosures seek to help institutions understand the ASU, which was issued to help financial statement users assess an entity's exposure to credit risk and evaluate its allowance for credit losses. The ASU notes that the relative significance of financing receivables to an entity's operations and financial position will determine the effect that the amended guidance has on an entity. Consequently, the impact on higher education institutions should be minimal.
View the full Advisory Guidance 2011-2 document here.
Director, Accounting Policy
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference