August 29, 2011
Advisory Guidance 2011-02: Credit Quality Disclosures
Many independent institutions have questioned how the Financial Accounting and Standards Board's Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2010-20, "Disclosures about the Credit Quality of Financing Receivables and Allowance for Credit Losses," impacts colleges and universities. NACUBO's sample disclosures seek to help institutions understand the ASU, which was issued to help financial statement users assess an entity's exposure to credit risk and evaluate its allowance for credit losses. The ASU notes that the relative significance of financing receivables to an entity's operations and financial position will determine the effect that the amended guidance has on an entity. Consequently, the impact on higher education institutions should be minimal.
View the full Advisory Guidance 2011-2 document here.
Director, Accounting Policy
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis