August 29, 2011
Advisory Guidance 2011-02: Credit Quality Disclosures
Many independent institutions have questioned how the Financial Accounting and Standards Board's Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2010-20, "Disclosures about the Credit Quality of Financing Receivables and Allowance for Credit Losses," impacts colleges and universities. NACUBO's sample disclosures seek to help institutions understand the ASU, which was issued to help financial statement users assess an entity's exposure to credit risk and evaluate its allowance for credit losses. The ASU notes that the relative significance of financing receivables to an entity's operations and financial position will determine the effect that the amended guidance has on an entity. Consequently, the impact on higher education institutions should be minimal.
View the full Advisory Guidance 2011-2 document here.
Director, Accounting Policy
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET