Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council
GASAC --- Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council --- an advisory body to the GASB made up of representatives from GASB constitutents. NACUBO has had a seat on the GASAC since its inception. Sue Menditto, Director, Accounting Policy, is currently NACUBO's representative on the GASAC.
GASB publishs articles for all constitutents; a list of relevant articles is provided below:
- Article about the GASB, covering the basics regarding how it was created, how it is composed, and how it sets standards.
- Blurb on Statement 52, Land and Other Real Estate Held as Investments by Endowments
- Two generic articles regarding the GASB's Exposure Draft on derivatives. One is designed for preparers and auditors and one is designed for users.
- Two blurbs regarding the GASB's Exposure Draft on derivatives. One appropriate for preparer and auditor organizations, and another appropriate for user organizations
- Blurb on Statement No. 50, Pension Disclosures
- Blurb on Statement No. 51, Accounting and Financial Reporting for Intangible Assets
- Blurb on Concepts Statement No. 4, Elements of Financial Statements
- Article about the GASB's project on Service Efforts and Accomplishments Reporting
- Generic article about the GASB's new Exposure Draft on pollution remediation obligations
- Article describing the ideal characteristics of a comment letter written in response to a GASB due process document
- Due process article about how the GASB sets standards
- Article about GASB public hearings and forums. It is a companion to the articles posted here about due process and comment letters.
- Congress Finalizes FY15 Federal Budget
- ED Proposes Changes to Rules on Teacher Preparation Programs
- The Wait Continues on Tax Extenders and Terrorism Risk Insurance Renewal
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis