Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council
GASAC --- Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council --- an advisory body to the GASB made up of representatives from GASB constitutents. NACUBO has had a seat on the GASAC since its inception. Sue Menditto, Director, Accounting Policy, is currently NACUBO's representative on the GASAC.
GASB publishs articles for all constitutents; a list of relevant articles is provided below:
- Article about the GASB, covering the basics regarding how it was created, how it is composed, and how it sets standards.
- Blurb on Statement 52, Land and Other Real Estate Held as Investments by Endowments
- Two generic articles regarding the GASB's Exposure Draft on derivatives. One is designed for preparers and auditors and one is designed for users.
- Two blurbs regarding the GASB's Exposure Draft on derivatives. One appropriate for preparer and auditor organizations, and another appropriate for user organizations
- Blurb on Statement No. 50, Pension Disclosures
- Blurb on Statement No. 51, Accounting and Financial Reporting for Intangible Assets
- Blurb on Concepts Statement No. 4, Elements of Financial Statements
- Article about the GASB's project on Service Efforts and Accomplishments Reporting
- Generic article about the GASB's new Exposure Draft on pollution remediation obligations
- Article describing the ideal characteristics of a comment letter written in response to a GASB due process document
- Due process article about how the GASB sets standards
- Article about GASB public hearings and forums. It is a companion to the articles posted here about due process and comment letters.
- IRS Releases Final Report on College and University Compliance Project
- NACUBO Seeks Input on Ethics, Fraud, and Controls
- FY13 Implementation Reminder for Independent Institutions
- CAO and CBO Collaborations: Leveraging Institutional Capacity to Impact Effectiveness
August 5-6, 2013
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 16-17, 2013
- WEBCAST: Improve Your NFP Audit and Accounting Guide IQ
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The Higher Education Accounting Forum Online
- ON-DEMAND: OD: The Cashless and Paperless Business Office
- ON-DEMAND: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis