Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council
GASAC --- Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council --- an advisory body to the GASB made up of representatives from GASB constitutents. NACUBO has had a seat on the GASAC since its inception. Sue Menditto, Director, Accounting Policy, is currently NACUBO's representative on the GASAC.
GASB publishs articles for all constitutents; a list of relevant articles is provided below:
- Article about the GASB, covering the basics regarding how it was created, how it is composed, and how it sets standards.
- Blurb on Statement 52, Land and Other Real Estate Held as Investments by Endowments
- Two generic articles regarding the GASB's Exposure Draft on derivatives. One is designed for preparers and auditors and one is designed for users.
- Two blurbs regarding the GASB's Exposure Draft on derivatives. One appropriate for preparer and auditor organizations, and another appropriate for user organizations
- Blurb on Statement No. 50, Pension Disclosures
- Blurb on Statement No. 51, Accounting and Financial Reporting for Intangible Assets
- Blurb on Concepts Statement No. 4, Elements of Financial Statements
- Article about the GASB's project on Service Efforts and Accomplishments Reporting
- Generic article about the GASB's new Exposure Draft on pollution remediation obligations
- Article describing the ideal characteristics of a comment letter written in response to a GASB due process document
- Due process article about how the GASB sets standards
- Article about GASB public hearings and forums. It is a companion to the articles posted here about due process and comment letters.
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis