University of California Partners on Kuali Financial System
July 27, 2006
The University of California recently joined the Kuali Foundation as an investing partner in the development of the community source Kuali Financial System (KFS). Three UC campuses--UC-Davis, UC-Irvine, and UC-Santa Barbara--and the Office of the President are investing resources as part of this partnership.
Based on the design of the Indiana University financial information system, KFS is the community source enterprise financial system being developed by staff from Cornell University, Indiana University, Michigan State University, San Joaquin Delta College, the rSmart Group, the University of Arizona, and the University of Hawaii, with guidance from NACUBO. The initiative had previously been seeded by a generous grant of $2,500,000 from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. Built on open standards and featuring a robust enterprise workflow engine that enables effective institutional business processes, KFS is designed to meet the needs of any Carnegie Class institution, regardless of size or complexity.
The Kuali Foundation, incorporated in May 2006 as a not-for-profit organization, promotes, supports, and develops software and practices designed to meet the needs of higher education. In addition to KFS, the foundation is also actively pursuing the development of research administration, endowment management, and other administrative software.
- Tuition Discount Rates Reach New Record Level in 2015-16
- ED Offers Supplemental Cash Management Guidance
- Federal Agencies Release Guidance on Civil Rights Protections for Transgender Students
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives