University of California Partners on Kuali Financial System
July 27, 2006
The University of California recently joined the Kuali Foundation as an investing partner in the development of the community source Kuali Financial System (KFS). Three UC campuses--UC-Davis, UC-Irvine, and UC-Santa Barbara--and the Office of the President are investing resources as part of this partnership.
Based on the design of the Indiana University financial information system, KFS is the community source enterprise financial system being developed by staff from Cornell University, Indiana University, Michigan State University, San Joaquin Delta College, the rSmart Group, the University of Arizona, and the University of Hawaii, with guidance from NACUBO. The initiative had previously been seeded by a generous grant of $2,500,000 from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. Built on open standards and featuring a robust enterprise workflow engine that enables effective institutional business processes, KFS is designed to meet the needs of any Carnegie Class institution, regardless of size or complexity.
The Kuali Foundation, incorporated in May 2006 as a not-for-profit organization, promotes, supports, and develops software and practices designed to meet the needs of higher education. In addition to KFS, the foundation is also actively pursuing the development of research administration, endowment management, and other administrative software.
- ED Publishes Proposed Rules on Cash Management
- IPEDS Considers Improving Finance Survey
- Guidance Available on Title IX Coordinator Role
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis