University of California Partners on Kuali Financial System
July 27, 2006
The University of California recently joined the Kuali Foundation as an investing partner in the development of the community source Kuali Financial System (KFS). Three UC campuses--UC-Davis, UC-Irvine, and UC-Santa Barbara--and the Office of the President are investing resources as part of this partnership.
Based on the design of the Indiana University financial information system, KFS is the community source enterprise financial system being developed by staff from Cornell University, Indiana University, Michigan State University, San Joaquin Delta College, the rSmart Group, the University of Arizona, and the University of Hawaii, with guidance from NACUBO. The initiative had previously been seeded by a generous grant of $2,500,000 from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. Built on open standards and featuring a robust enterprise workflow engine that enables effective institutional business processes, KFS is designed to meet the needs of any Carnegie Class institution, regardless of size or complexity.
The Kuali Foundation, incorporated in May 2006 as a not-for-profit organization, promotes, supports, and develops software and practices designed to meet the needs of higher education. In addition to KFS, the foundation is also actively pursuing the development of research administration, endowment management, and other administrative software.
- Affordable Care Act: Final Rules on Coverage for Adjuncts and Students
- Administrative Jobs and Benefits Costs Drive Higher Ed Labor Costs
- OMB Super Circular Makes Changes to Audit Requirements
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis