University of California Partners on Kuali Financial System
July 27, 2006
The University of California recently joined the Kuali Foundation as an investing partner in the development of the community source Kuali Financial System (KFS). Three UC campuses--UC-Davis, UC-Irvine, and UC-Santa Barbara--and the Office of the President are investing resources as part of this partnership.
Based on the design of the Indiana University financial information system, KFS is the community source enterprise financial system being developed by staff from Cornell University, Indiana University, Michigan State University, San Joaquin Delta College, the rSmart Group, the University of Arizona, and the University of Hawaii, with guidance from NACUBO. The initiative had previously been seeded by a generous grant of $2,500,000 from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. Built on open standards and featuring a robust enterprise workflow engine that enables effective institutional business processes, KFS is designed to meet the needs of any Carnegie Class institution, regardless of size or complexity.
The Kuali Foundation, incorporated in May 2006 as a not-for-profit organization, promotes, supports, and develops software and practices designed to meet the needs of higher education. In addition to KFS, the foundation is also actively pursuing the development of research administration, endowment management, and other administrative software.
- Associations Respond to DACA and DREAM Act Concerns
- Congress Makes Changes to GI Bill Education Benefits
- CFPB Report Criticizes Campus Banking Agreements
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15AM ET
- WEBCAST: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus