Survey Studies GASB’s Accountability Mission
November 16, 2011
The Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) asks that public institutions participate in a survey on government accounting and accountability. The survey is part of a research effort commissioned by the FAF to assess Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) projects, guidelines, and standards that are related to the accountability of governments.
The FAF is the oversight body for the GASB. The research study will explore the purposes of financial reporting by state and local government entities, the needs and requirements of users of financial reports for these governmental entities, and insights regarding the value of information about the accountability of governments.
NACUBO encourages staff from public institutions to participate in this important effort. The survey should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by December 6, 2011. Your feedback is important and your commitment to this topic is greatly appreciated.
Director, Accounting Policy
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis