Survey Studies GASB’s Accountability Mission
November 16, 2011
The Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) asks that public institutions participate in a survey on government accounting and accountability. The survey is part of a research effort commissioned by the FAF to assess Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) projects, guidelines, and standards that are related to the accountability of governments.
The FAF is the oversight body for the GASB. The research study will explore the purposes of financial reporting by state and local government entities, the needs and requirements of users of financial reports for these governmental entities, and insights regarding the value of information about the accountability of governments.
NACUBO encourages staff from public institutions to participate in this important effort. The survey should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by December 6, 2011. Your feedback is important and your commitment to this topic is greatly appreciated.
Director, Accounting Policy
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis