Survey Studies GASB’s Accountability Mission
November 16, 2011
The Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) asks that public institutions participate in a survey on government accounting and accountability. The survey is part of a research effort commissioned by the FAF to assess Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) projects, guidelines, and standards that are related to the accountability of governments.
The FAF is the oversight body for the GASB. The research study will explore the purposes of financial reporting by state and local government entities, the needs and requirements of users of financial reports for these governmental entities, and insights regarding the value of information about the accountability of governments.
NACUBO encourages staff from public institutions to participate in this important effort. The survey should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by December 6, 2011. Your feedback is important and your commitment to this topic is greatly appreciated.
Director, Accounting Policy
- Tuition Increases Slow, While Student Loan Borrowing Declines, College Board Reports
- IRS Response to NACUBO on 1098-T Penalties Offers No Relief
- IRS Publishes Final Rules on Overpayments of Arbitrage Rebate on Tax-Exempt Bonds
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis