OMB Releases 2014 A-133 Compliance Supplement
May 29, 2014
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has released the annual Compliance Supplement to Circular A-133. The supplement provides detailed guidance for conducting single audits of states, local governments, and nonprofit organizations.
The 2014 supplement supersedes the 2013 version and will apply to audits of fiscal years beginning after June 30, 2013. Guidance related to Title IV aid can be found in Part 4, while Clusters of Programs, including research and development and student financial assistance, are covered in Part 5.
Appendix V of the 2014 Compliance Supplement describes the changes from the 2013 version (dated July 2013).
Additionally, Appendix VII provides a preview of the 2015 supplement. As mentioned in the December 26, 2013 Federal Register, OMB plans to make changes to the supplement to ensure that it focuses auditors on testing the compliance requirements, listed in Part 3, that are most likely to cause improper payments, waste, fraud, or abuse. The agency also wants auditors to focus on compliance requirements that generate audit findings for which the awarding agency would apply sanctions. OMB has already begun conducting outreach with key stakeholders - both internal and external to federal agencies - and plans to prepare a revised Part 3 draft by August 30 for preliminary vetting.
Senior Policy Analyst
- ED Proposes Substantial Expansion of Financial Responsibility Indicators
- Supreme Court Hands Down Two Decisions with Higher Education Implications
- NACUBO Objects to Annual SFA Audits
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives