Kuali Financial System Test Drive Available
April 11, 2006
The Kuali Project announced on April 11 the availability of the Kuali Test Drive, which enables institutions to explore the emerging Kuali Financial Systems software with live transactions and data. KFS is the Project’s initial software product, designed for college and university enterprise fiscal management. This announcement, which marks the first release of KFS, was made at the Kuali Days Workshop in Indianapolis with more than 125 fiscal and IT officers, managers, and senior staff from around the country in attendance.
The 27-month Kuali Project was cofunded in March 2005 by a $2.5 million grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and the University of Arizona, Cornell University, the University of Hawaii, Indiana University, Michigan State University, San Joaquin Delta College, and rSmart Corporation, in collaboration with colleagues from NACUBO. The Kuali Financial System is based on the proven financial system design used for more than 10 years at Indiana University.
The Kuali Test Drive contains the base modules, such as Chart of Accounts, General Ledger, Transactions, Reporting, and Workflow. Additional modules, to be released in two subsequent phases, will include
• Accounts Receivable
• Capital Assets Management
• Enhanced Decision Support/Reporting
• Labor Distribution
• Purchasing/Accounts Payable
• Pre- and Post-Award Research Administration
Kuali also uses Kuali Enterprise Workflow, a key enabling technology that provides comprehensive workflow functionality for higher education needs. All software and materials will be available under the Educational Community License and can be adopted by colleges and universities without licensing fees. The open licensing approach provides opportunities for support and implementation assistance from commercial providers.
NACUBO contact: Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy.
About Kuali Days
Kuali Days is a semi-annual event offering in-depth opportunities for prospective Kuali users to engage with functional and technical experts on Kuali Financial Systems.
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis