Kuali Financial System Test Drive Available
April 11, 2006
The Kuali Project announced on April 11 the availability of the Kuali Test Drive, which enables institutions to explore the emerging Kuali Financial Systems software with live transactions and data. KFS is the Project’s initial software product, designed for college and university enterprise fiscal management. This announcement, which marks the first release of KFS, was made at the Kuali Days Workshop in Indianapolis with more than 125 fiscal and IT officers, managers, and senior staff from around the country in attendance.
The 27-month Kuali Project was cofunded in March 2005 by a $2.5 million grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and the University of Arizona, Cornell University, the University of Hawaii, Indiana University, Michigan State University, San Joaquin Delta College, and rSmart Corporation, in collaboration with colleagues from NACUBO. The Kuali Financial System is based on the proven financial system design used for more than 10 years at Indiana University.
The Kuali Test Drive contains the base modules, such as Chart of Accounts, General Ledger, Transactions, Reporting, and Workflow. Additional modules, to be released in two subsequent phases, will include
• Accounts Receivable
• Capital Assets Management
• Enhanced Decision Support/Reporting
• Labor Distribution
• Purchasing/Accounts Payable
• Pre- and Post-Award Research Administration
Kuali also uses Kuali Enterprise Workflow, a key enabling technology that provides comprehensive workflow functionality for higher education needs. All software and materials will be available under the Educational Community License and can be adopted by colleges and universities without licensing fees. The open licensing approach provides opportunities for support and implementation assistance from commercial providers.
NACUBO contact: Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy.
About Kuali Days
Kuali Days is a semi-annual event offering in-depth opportunities for prospective Kuali users to engage with functional and technical experts on Kuali Financial Systems.
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives