Kuali Financial System Is Featured in November Workshop
October 2, 2006
The third Kuali Days event will be held on November 14 and 15 in Tucson, Arizona. Kuali Days is a conference that covers status, functionality, technology, and higher education community aspects of the Kuali Financial System. This year’s conference will describe and demonstrate functionality encompassed in the October 2006, Phase I release, as well as outline future objectives. Workshop tracks are designed to provide something for everyone--from overviews for new participants to tracks with greater detail for the experienced Kuali Days participants. There is a separate track for technical staff and also laboratory sessions for “hands-on” interaction with the system assisted by Kuali specialists. This is an opportunity to meet with the technical and functional staff who are developing the system.
The Kuali Financial System is a community source project initiated by six institutions, NACUBO, and the r-smart group. Three University of California System campuses have recently joined in the development effort. A $2.5 million dollar grant from the Mellon Foundation, partner monetary contributions, partner staffing, and coordinated dedication are responsible for a release that serves the financial systems needs of all Carnegie Class institutions. An important element of the system is its modular architecture, built around a core chart of accounts and general ledger. Institutions only need to implement those functional elements that they require. Details on the conference are available on the Kuali Web site.
NACUBO staff resource: Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET