Kuali Financial System Is Featured in November Workshop
October 2, 2006
The third Kuali Days event will be held on November 14 and 15 in Tucson, Arizona. Kuali Days is a conference that covers status, functionality, technology, and higher education community aspects of the Kuali Financial System. This year’s conference will describe and demonstrate functionality encompassed in the October 2006, Phase I release, as well as outline future objectives. Workshop tracks are designed to provide something for everyone--from overviews for new participants to tracks with greater detail for the experienced Kuali Days participants. There is a separate track for technical staff and also laboratory sessions for “hands-on” interaction with the system assisted by Kuali specialists. This is an opportunity to meet with the technical and functional staff who are developing the system.
The Kuali Financial System is a community source project initiated by six institutions, NACUBO, and the r-smart group. Three University of California System campuses have recently joined in the development effort. A $2.5 million dollar grant from the Mellon Foundation, partner monetary contributions, partner staffing, and coordinated dedication are responsible for a release that serves the financial systems needs of all Carnegie Class institutions. An important element of the system is its modular architecture, built around a core chart of accounts and general ledger. Institutions only need to implement those functional elements that they require. Details on the conference are available on the Kuali Web site.
NACUBO staff resource: Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives