GASB Seeks Field Testers for Fair Value Project
July 10, 2013
The GASB is soliciting participants for a field test it is conducting on fair value application and measurement. The field test relates to a Preliminary Views document, released on June 20, which focuses on fair value measurement and disclosures for certain assets and liabilities.
Field tests are a part of the GASB's due process activities related to the release of accounting standards. Participating entities volunteer to go through the exercise of "implementing" the proposal as if it were in place and then provide feedback to the GASB regarding that process. Field tests point out potential implementation problems and allow the GASB to gather valuable information about implementation costs. Participants, in turn, benefit from an implementation assisted by GASB staff.
Public colleges and universities interested in participating in the "Fair Value Measurement and Application" field test should contact GASB Project Manager Randy Finden, either by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (203-956-5240). NACUBO's staff resource is Sue Menditto.
Director, Accounting Policy
- Congress Finalizes FY15 Federal Budget
- ED Proposes Changes to Rules on Teacher Preparation Programs
- The Wait Continues on Tax Extenders and Terrorism Risk Insurance Renewal
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis