GASB Seeks Field Testers
March 10, 2010
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) is hoping public institutions will volunteer for a field test. The test is being conducted in conjunction with the issuance of an exposure draft related to the "financial reporting entity" project. The proposed statement is scheduled to be released March 26, 2010. The financial reporting entity project would amend Statements No. 14, "The Financial Reporting Entity", and No. 34, "Basic Financial Statements-and Management's Discussion and Analysis-for State and Local Governments."
Field tests are a part of GASB's due process activities that help establish effective standards. Participating public institutions would go through the exercise of "implementing'' the proposed standard as if it were in place and then provide feedback to the GASB regarding that process. Field tests can help point out potential problems.
The "financial reporting entity" project is an important one for higher education. Changes to Statement 14 may ultimately impact blended and discrete component unit reporting. NACUBO urges all interested public institutions to volunteer for the field test by contacting GASB Project Manager Wesley Galloway either by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (203) 956-5272.Interested institutions can refer to GASB's website for more information.
Director, Accounting Policy
- IRS Grants Relief from New 1098-T Reporting Mandate
- New Overtime Rule Expected Mid-May
- 1042-S Questions Remain as Scrutiny Intensifies
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives