GASB Seeks Field Testers
March 10, 2010
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) is hoping public institutions will volunteer for a field test. The test is being conducted in conjunction with the issuance of an exposure draft related to the "financial reporting entity" project. The proposed statement is scheduled to be released March 26, 2010. The financial reporting entity project would amend Statements No. 14, "The Financial Reporting Entity", and No. 34, "Basic Financial Statements-and Management's Discussion and Analysis-for State and Local Governments."
Field tests are a part of GASB's due process activities that help establish effective standards. Participating public institutions would go through the exercise of "implementing'' the proposed standard as if it were in place and then provide feedback to the GASB regarding that process. Field tests can help point out potential problems.
The "financial reporting entity" project is an important one for higher education. Changes to Statement 14 may ultimately impact blended and discrete component unit reporting. NACUBO urges all interested public institutions to volunteer for the field test by contacting GASB Project Manager Wesley Galloway either by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (203) 956-5272.Interested institutions can refer to GASB's website for more information.
Director, Accounting Policy
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis