GASB Seeks Field Testers
March 10, 2010
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) is hoping public institutions will volunteer for a field test. The test is being conducted in conjunction with the issuance of an exposure draft related to the "financial reporting entity" project. The proposed statement is scheduled to be released March 26, 2010. The financial reporting entity project would amend Statements No. 14, "The Financial Reporting Entity", and No. 34, "Basic Financial Statements-and Management's Discussion and Analysis-for State and Local Governments."
Field tests are a part of GASB's due process activities that help establish effective standards. Participating public institutions would go through the exercise of "implementing'' the proposed standard as if it were in place and then provide feedback to the GASB regarding that process. Field tests can help point out potential problems.
The "financial reporting entity" project is an important one for higher education. Changes to Statement 14 may ultimately impact blended and discrete component unit reporting. NACUBO urges all interested public institutions to volunteer for the field test by contacting GASB Project Manager Wesley Galloway either by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (203) 956-5272.Interested institutions can refer to GASB's website for more information.
Director, Accounting Policy
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis