GASB Publishes Comprehensive Guide
November 14, 2006
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) has released the 2006-07 edition of its Comprehensive Implementation Guide. The publication consolidates and updates previously issued guides to individual standards and provides direction on standards for which no stand-alone instructions have been published. The 2006-07 edition includes, for the first time, the freestanding Implementation Guide to Statement 44 on the Statistical Section and the Implementation Guide to Statements 43 and 45 on Other Postemployment Benefits (OPEB).
The current guide provides answers to new questions about OPEB and a variety of other topics, including:
- Compensated absences
- The modified approach for reporting infrastructure assets
- Asset impairment
- Reporting of net assets
- Termination benefits
The Comprehensive Implementation Guide is $75 and can be ordered through the GASB's order department at 800-748-0659 or via the GASB Web site.
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO