GASB Performance Measures Now Available
September 6, 2006
Contrary to popular belief, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board does not spend every waking hour setting standards. In fact, a considerable amount of the GASB staff’s time is spent helping its constituents understand and implement its standards, and comprehend the information that results from those standards. Through written articles; presentations at conferences and seminars across the country; and publications for nonaccountants, such as, implementation guides and plain-English guides to financial statements, the GASB works hard to fulfill the portion of its mission devoted to educating the public.
The GASB staff also spends a lot of time answering constituent questions regarding the standards. Several years ago the GASB created a portal on its Web site to make it easier for the public to submit such technical inquiries. Part of the GASB’s strategic plan aims to “respond to technical inquiries on a timely basis.”
Toward that end, the GASB has been publishing performance measures on the GASB Web site for the past year. The measures report on the timeliness of the GASB's responses and the satisfaction of its constituents with the staff's efforts to answer their questions. Measures for the first half of 2006 have recently been posted to the site.
If you have any questions about the measures, technical inquiry activities, or the GASB strategic plan, please feel free to e-mail Dean Mead, GASB project manager, or contact him by phone at 203-956-5294.
- NACUBO Responds to FASB's NFP Proposal
- Results Are In: The 2014 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
- NLRB Dismisses Union Bid from Northwestern Football Players
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis