GASB Issues Statement #40 on Deposit and Investment Risk
May 30, 2003
On March 27, 2003, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) issued Statement No. 40, Deposit and Investment Risk Disclosures, an amendment to GASB Statement No. 3, Deposits with Financial Institutions, Investments (including repurchase agreements) and Reverse Repurchase Agreements.
The new standard requires that state and local governments, including colleges and universities, disclose essential risk information about deposits and investments. The disclosure requirements cover four main areas: credit risk, interest rate and investment maturity, interest rate sensitivity and foreign exchange exposure.
The provisions of Statement 40 are effective for financial statements for periods beginning after June 15, 2004.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET