GASB Issues Statement #40 on Deposit and Investment Risk
May 30, 2003
On March 27, 2003, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) issued Statement No. 40, Deposit and Investment Risk Disclosures, an amendment to GASB Statement No. 3, Deposits with Financial Institutions, Investments (including repurchase agreements) and Reverse Repurchase Agreements.
The new standard requires that state and local governments, including colleges and universities, disclose essential risk information about deposits and investments. The disclosure requirements cover four main areas: credit risk, interest rate and investment maturity, interest rate sensitivity and foreign exchange exposure.
The provisions of Statement 40 are effective for financial statements for periods beginning after June 15, 2004.
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis