GASB Issues Statement #40 on Deposit and Investment Risk
May 30, 2003
On March 27, 2003, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) issued Statement No. 40, Deposit and Investment Risk Disclosures, an amendment to GASB Statement No. 3, Deposits with Financial Institutions, Investments (including repurchase agreements) and Reverse Repurchase Agreements.
The new standard requires that state and local governments, including colleges and universities, disclose essential risk information about deposits and investments. The disclosure requirements cover four main areas: credit risk, interest rate and investment maturity, interest rate sensitivity and foreign exchange exposure.
The provisions of Statement 40 are effective for financial statements for periods beginning after June 15, 2004.
- ED Publishes Proposed Rules on Cash Management
- IPEDS Considers Improving Finance Survey
- Guidance Available on Title IX Coordinator Role
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis