GASB Issues Implementation Guide on Statement 44
January 6, 2006
On December 28, 2005, the Governmental Accounting Standard Board published a Guide to Implementation of GASB Statement 44 on the Statistical Section. Issued in 2004, GASB Statement 44, Economic Condition Reporting: The Statistical Section, updated the statistical section--for the first time in 25 years--to encompass the new information resulting from GASB Statement 34 and other developments in government finance during the past two decades.
The guide contains more than 120 questions and answers that are accompanied by 160 illustrations. It includes complete sample statistical sections, alternative formats, and optional schedules for nine types of governments: local, county, and state general purpose governments; a school district; a library district; a public university; a water and sewer authority; an airport; and a retirement system. The guide also includes a glossary, topical index, and the Standards section of Statement 44.
- Financial Responsibility Scores Released for FY13
- IRS Publishes Guidance on "Cadillac" Health Coverage
- 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments Now Available Online
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis