GASB Issues Implementation Guide on Statement 44
January 6, 2006
On December 28, 2005, the Governmental Accounting Standard Board published a Guide to Implementation of GASB Statement 44 on the Statistical Section. Issued in 2004, GASB Statement 44, Economic Condition Reporting: The Statistical Section, updated the statistical section--for the first time in 25 years--to encompass the new information resulting from GASB Statement 34 and other developments in government finance during the past two decades.
The guide contains more than 120 questions and answers that are accompanied by 160 illustrations. It includes complete sample statistical sections, alternative formats, and optional schedules for nine types of governments: local, county, and state general purpose governments; a school district; a library district; a public university; a water and sewer authority; an airport; and a retirement system. The guide also includes a glossary, topical index, and the Standards section of Statement 44.
- College Endowments Average -1.9 Percent Return in FY16, But Endowment Spending Continues to Rise
- Preparing for a Game-Changing Era
- Some Football Players at Private Institutions are Employees, NLRB Says
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference