GASB Releases Concepts Exposure Draft on Communication Methods
August 25, 2004
GASB released an exposure draft of a concepts statement addressing communication methods. Concepts statements are not accounting standards to which preparers must adhere when issuing financial statements. Instead, taken as a whole, concepts statements form the framework used by GASB when developing accounting standards.
This draft addresses the relationship between various methods used to communicate financial information. It distinguishes between four methods: recognition in the basic financial statements, disclosure in the notes to basic financial statements, presentation as required supplementary information, and presentation as supplementary information. The statement establishes the criteria to be used to determine the appropriate method for reporting information in financial statements.
The ED can be downloaded from the GASB Web site. Responses to the draft are due by September 30.
For further information contact Sue Menditto (202.861.2542).
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs