GASB Releases Concepts Exposure Draft on Communication Methods
August 25, 2004
GASB released an exposure draft of a concepts statement addressing communication methods. Concepts statements are not accounting standards to which preparers must adhere when issuing financial statements. Instead, taken as a whole, concepts statements form the framework used by GASB when developing accounting standards.
This draft addresses the relationship between various methods used to communicate financial information. It distinguishes between four methods: recognition in the basic financial statements, disclosure in the notes to basic financial statements, presentation as required supplementary information, and presentation as supplementary information. The statement establishes the criteria to be used to determine the appropriate method for reporting information in financial statements.
The ED can be downloaded from the GASB Web site. Responses to the draft are due by September 30.
For further information contact Sue Menditto (202.861.2542).
- ED Launches New College Scorecard
- NACUBO Members Convey Legislative Priorities on Capitol Hill
- Panelists Detail Complex Campus Sexual Assault Regulations at Hearing
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- WEBCAST: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis