GASB Releases Concepts Exposure Draft on Communication Methods
August 25, 2004
GASB released an exposure draft of a concepts statement addressing communication methods. Concepts statements are not accounting standards to which preparers must adhere when issuing financial statements. Instead, taken as a whole, concepts statements form the framework used by GASB when developing accounting standards.
This draft addresses the relationship between various methods used to communicate financial information. It distinguishes between four methods: recognition in the basic financial statements, disclosure in the notes to basic financial statements, presentation as required supplementary information, and presentation as supplementary information. The statement establishes the criteria to be used to determine the appropriate method for reporting information in financial statements.
The ED can be downloaded from the GASB Web site. Responses to the draft are due by September 30.
For further information contact Sue Menditto (202.861.2542).
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference