GASB Releases Concepts Exposure Draft on Communication Methods
August 25, 2004
GASB released an exposure draft of a concepts statement addressing communication methods. Concepts statements are not accounting standards to which preparers must adhere when issuing financial statements. Instead, taken as a whole, concepts statements form the framework used by GASB when developing accounting standards.
This draft addresses the relationship between various methods used to communicate financial information. It distinguishes between four methods: recognition in the basic financial statements, disclosure in the notes to basic financial statements, presentation as required supplementary information, and presentation as supplementary information. The statement establishes the criteria to be used to determine the appropriate method for reporting information in financial statements.
The ED can be downloaded from the GASB Web site. Responses to the draft are due by September 30.
For further information contact Sue Menditto (202.861.2542).
- Tuition Discount Rates Reach New Record Level in 2015-16
- ED Offers Supplemental Cash Management Guidance
- Federal Agencies Release Guidance on Civil Rights Protections for Transgender Students
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives