FIN 48 Implementation Deferred for Nonpublic Entities
November 13, 2007
The FASB has delayed the effective date of FIN 48 for all nonpublic entities to periods beginning after December 15, 2007. It is important for colleges and universities to note that the one-year deferral applies only to nonpublic entities; in this case, “nonpublic” excludes entities with publicly traded conduit debt.
Using the definition of nonpublic that excludes nonprofits with publicly traded conduit debt likely knocks out many independent higher education institutions. However, smaller schools with privately placed conduit debt—or no conduit debt—should take note. The decision was made at last week’s FASB meeting and will be reported in the November 15 issue of Action Alert.
NACUBO Contact: Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy
- Comments on Form 1098-T Reporting Due Soon
- New ITIN Procedures For Certifying Acceptance Agents and International Students
- Higher Education Community Offers Comments on Web Accessibility Proposal
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives