Financial Accounting Standards Board issues standard that amends and clarifies Accounting Guidance on Derivatives
April 30, 2003
On April 30, 2003, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued Statement No. 149, Amendment of Statement 133 on Derivatives Instruments and Hedging Activities.
The new standard requires that contracts with comparable characteristics be accounted for in a similar fashion. This guidance is intended to improve the consistency of reporting for contracts that are derivatives in their entirety or that contain embedded derivatives that warrant separate accounting. Not-for-profit organizations continue to recognize the change in fair value of derivatives as a change in net assets in the period of change.
The statement is effective for contracts entered into or modified after June 30, 2003, and for hedging relationships designated after June 30, 2003. The guidance should be applied prospectively.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Preparing for Campus Protests and Civil Disobedience