Financial Accounting Standards Board issues standard that amends and clarifies Accounting Guidance on Derivatives
April 30, 2003
On April 30, 2003, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued Statement No. 149, Amendment of Statement 133 on Derivatives Instruments and Hedging Activities.
The new standard requires that contracts with comparable characteristics be accounted for in a similar fashion. This guidance is intended to improve the consistency of reporting for contracts that are derivatives in their entirety or that contain embedded derivatives that warrant separate accounting. Not-for-profit organizations continue to recognize the change in fair value of derivatives as a change in net assets in the period of change.
The statement is effective for contracts entered into or modified after June 30, 2003, and for hedging relationships designated after June 30, 2003. The guidance should be applied prospectively.
- College Endowments Average -1.9 Percent Return in FY16, But Endowment Spending Continues to Rise
- Preparing for a Game-Changing Era
- Some Football Players at Private Institutions are Employees, NLRB Says
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference