FASB Forms Advisory Committee
June 7, 2010
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) has formed the long awaited advisory committee that will focus on the not-for-profit sector. The Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee (NAC) is charged with providing input to FASB.
The 17 member committee is comprised of preparers, auditors, academics, and other stakeholders with not-for-profit expertise. Committee members are from a broad cross-section of nonprofit industries, such as higher education, healthcare, religious, and social services.. The committee will weigh in on existing financial reporting guidance, current and proposed technical agenda projects, and longer term financial reporting matters affecting not-for-profit organizations. The FASB anticipates that NAC will meet in public sessions two or three times throughout the year.NACUBO is pleased that two individuals with higher education expertise will serve on NAC: Stephen Golding, vice president of finance and treasurer at the University of Pennsylvania and Teresa Gordon, professor of accounting at the University of Idaho. Mr. Golding is a chief business officer and one of several preparers chosen for the committee. Ms. Gordon has been a member of NACUBO's Accounting Principles Council for the past five years. A roster of the entire committee is available on FASB's website.
Director, Accounting Policy
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET