FASB Decision Meeting on UPMIFA Scheduled for June 4
May 29, 2008
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) will deliberate the many issues raised by constituent comments to proposed FASB Staff Position 117-a, "Endowments of Not-for-Profit Organizations: Net Asset Classification of Funds Subject to an Enacted Version of the Uniform Management of Institutional Funds Act, and Enhanced Disclosures" on June 4, 2008. The decision-making meeting can be heard via a live webcast connection through the FASB’s website.
The Board is expected to defer the implementation date by six months, which would mean FY 2009 compliance for the vast majority of independent institutions and the not-for-profit foundations that support public institutions. The Board will be examining disclosure requirements, net asset classifications, and interpretations of the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act of 2006 (UPMIFA).
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives