FASB Decision Meeting on UPMIFA Scheduled for June 4
May 29, 2008
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) will deliberate the many issues raised by constituent comments to proposed FASB Staff Position 117-a, "Endowments of Not-for-Profit Organizations: Net Asset Classification of Funds Subject to an Enacted Version of the Uniform Management of Institutional Funds Act, and Enhanced Disclosures" on June 4, 2008. The decision-making meeting can be heard via a live webcast connection through the FASB’s website.
The Board is expected to defer the implementation date by six months, which would mean FY 2009 compliance for the vast majority of independent institutions and the not-for-profit foundations that support public institutions. The Board will be examining disclosure requirements, net asset classifications, and interpretations of the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act of 2006 (UPMIFA).
- Task Force Urges Regulatory Reform
- Legislators Take Action on Education, Charitable and Research Incentives
- Associations Comment on College Ratings System
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis