AICPA Issues Practice Aid on Liquidity Restrictions
October 23, 2008
The AICPA has issued a Technical Practice Aid (TPA TIS Section 1100.15) that addresses liquidity restrictions that may be imposed on money market or other short-term investment funds. The TPA highlights potential accounting and auditing issues that might result from cash availability limitations.
The AICPA is responding to accounting and auditing considerations created by recent market credit, valuation and liquidity conditions. The objective of the issuance is to compile relevant accounting and auditing considerations for use by practitioners and preparers; consequently, the TPA is considered non-authoritative.
The TPA focuses on the following potential accounting and auditing areas that could be impacted by account withdrawal restrictions.
- Balance sheet classification
- Debt covenants
- Subsequent events
- Going concern
- Auditor communication to governing boards
- Auditor report --emphasis of a matter
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET