AICPA Issues Practice Aid on Liquidity Restrictions
October 23, 2008
The AICPA has issued a Technical Practice Aid (TPA TIS Section 1100.15) that addresses liquidity restrictions that may be imposed on money market or other short-term investment funds. The TPA highlights potential accounting and auditing issues that might result from cash availability limitations.
The AICPA is responding to accounting and auditing considerations created by recent market credit, valuation and liquidity conditions. The objective of the issuance is to compile relevant accounting and auditing considerations for use by practitioners and preparers; consequently, the TPA is considered non-authoritative.
The TPA focuses on the following potential accounting and auditing areas that could be impacted by account withdrawal restrictions.
- Balance sheet classification
- Debt covenants
- Subsequent events
- Going concern
- Auditor communication to governing boards
- Auditor report --emphasis of a matter
- Federal Court Postpones Effective Date of Overtime Rule
- 1098-T Box 1 Reporting Will Not be Required Until 2018 Tax Year
- EPA Issues Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives