January 2016 / Vol. 49, No. 6
On Balance: Kevin Kruger
In this interview with Business Officer, Kevin Kruger, president of NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education, discusses the partnership between chief business and chief student affairs officers.
Recruiting immigrant students, legally documented or not, raises issues of cost, culture, and respect. College completion can hinge on funding, trust, and safe “retreat” spaces where students can relax among themselves.
Their experience in enterprise risk management has led some campus administrators to establish a four-step assessment and monitoring process. Such deliberation helps ready institutions for self-identified vulnerabilities.
Bonus Online Content
Steering Students in a Healthy Direction
NASPA’s president Kevin Kruger discusses the complex nature of issues facing college and university student affairs professionals as they seek to address the needs of today’s students.
Undocumented: A Student Perspective
An immigrant college student explains how the University of California–Davis seeks to boost retention among its undocumented student population.
- NACUBO Statement on Endowment Inquiry
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis