February 2017 / Vol. 50, No. 7
Bar the Data Door
A cyberattack holds serious threats for campus operations. Minimize the damage by understanding the risks of a data breach, mobilizing quickly, and protecting information. Full Story »
Colleges and universities are partnering with or purchasing hotels and conference centers, using a variety of business models. See how several institutions are generating new revenue, bolstering branding, and benefiting their communities with such arrangements.
New Beginnings for NFP Reporting
The release of FASB’s anticipated Accounting Standards Update culminates its five-year project to address areas of concern in not-for-profit reporting. While the update is effective in FY19, private colleges and universities should be mindful of the new model’s impact on their financial statements.
An Array of Advances
NACUBO’s white paper, Possible Futures for Higher Education’s Economic Models, identifies a number of colleges and universities that have undertaken strategic change in order to remain relevant and viable, while supporting student success. Here are their stories.
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference