Comprehensive and Doctoral Institutions Council
The Comprehensive and Doctoral Institutions Council (CDIC) is a standing council appointed by the NACUBO President in consultation with the regional associations. The Council is established to ensure that issues of specific concern to comprehensive and doctoral colleges and universities are represented and addressed in the development of the association’s strategic plans and in the creation of programs, products, and services for its members. The Comprehensive and Doctoral Institutions Council serves as an advisory body to the President and staff by providing suggestions, feedback, and support for the association’s goals and activities as they pertain to the constituency.
Top Issues 2013-14
- Affordable Care Act--coverage for adjuncts, graduate assistants and other employees
- Performance-based metrics to track student learning outcomes
- Enrollment management
- Identifying new revenue streams
Top Issues for 2020 and Beyond
- Executive strategic leadership-drawing together the CBO, CAO, CEO, and the board to get on the same page and in the same direction.
- Financial modeling based on strategic direction and new higher education business models.
- Organizational design-challenging the traditional organization chart; assessing skills needed for the future; outsourcing as appropriate; making better use of student employees.
- Cost structure and shared services; eliminating non-value added expenses to improve cost containment; revenue diversification.
Council Members 2013-2014
Rick Anderson (Chair)
Vice President for Administration and Treasurer
Corey Bradford Sr.
Senior Vice President for Business Affairs
Prairie View A&M University
Claremont Graduate University
Vice President for Administration and Business/Treasurer
Sheila K. Gestring
Vice President for Finance and CFO
University of South Dakota
Lorraine B. Hoffman
Vice President for Business and Finance
California State University, Chico
Chief Financial Officer
Greg M. Lovins
Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs
Appalachian State University
Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration/Treasurer
Vice President for Finance & Administration
Vice President for Finance and Administration
Boise State University
Director, Constituent Programs
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis