Vision ?Higher education is valued as an outstanding investment.
Mission ?To advance the economic viability, business practices, and support of higher education institutions in pursuit of their missions.
Value Proposition ?NACUBO convenes those influencing and advancing higher education, is a catalyst of unmatched knowledge, and is a leading advocate for colleges and universities.
Strategic Priorities ?
Engage higher education institutions in undertaking necessary transformations to strategically position themselves in the dynamic higher education environment.
SUCCESS INDICATORS ?
- NACUBO has identified the necessary transformations.
- NACUBO has developed, piloted, and refined frameworks to guide higher education institutions through issue-specific transformations.
- NACUBO’s products and services are increasingly being selected by higher education institutions to address select institutional challenges.
- There is an increased number of collaborations with thought leaders to strengthen relationships with higher education to facilitate transformation.
Increase proactive advocacy.
- NACUBO has increased outreach to policy makers on Capitol Hill and in the administration to enhance their understanding of higher education business and finance.
- NACUBO has increased public policy education and advocacy training (e.g. advocacy updates, grassroots, and public affairs training).
- NACUBO has used various content delivery mechanisms to communicate its advocacy agenda.
- Member institutions and their representatives are increasingly involved in NACUBO’s advocacy.
- NACUBO’s member institution representatives have an increased understanding and awareness of advocacy issues critical to higher education.
Drive effective solutions in higher education.
- NACUBO has designed and executed a series of results-centered forums to explore specific issues for which it has developed potential solutions, established pilot sites, and evaluated them.
- NACUBO has published resources that institutions use to solve problems and issues.
- NACUBO has expanded engagement and partnerships in developing and implementing effective solutions.
- NACUBO is more widely recognized as an authoritative resource in developing the culture, capacity, and competencies necessary for higher education solutions and transformations.
Strengthen the strategic leadership role of the CBO.
- There is an increased number of institutions whose culture and organizational structure include a strategic role for the CBO.
- The number of CBOs from diverse backgrounds has increased.
- NACUBO has increased awareness of the CBO’s broadened strategic skill set among those recruiting and hiring CBOs.
- There is an increased number of institutions with comprehensive succession plans.
- NACUBO has facilitated the development and increased the use of a curriculum focused on higher education strategic business/finance thinking.
Lead higher education’s integration of analytics to achieve institutional strategic goals.
- NACUBO, in collaboration with key association and business partners, has disseminated a comprehensive body of knowledge, foundational concepts, and best practices methodologies for effective analytics in higher education.
- Institutions have increasingly adopted NACUBO’s frameworks and definitions to enhance the quality, reliability, and consistency of data and to improve comparability across higher education.
- Institutional leadership teams use NACUBO’s model organizational and governance structures to improve data management and analytics operations and to foster a culture in which they are trusted resources in the institutional decision making process.
Strategic Blueprint - The Strategic Blueprint is a document which is a culmination of the critical outcomes from the E4 Envisioned Future Model which provides the plans for achieving the envisioned future.
Vision - An aspirational description of what an organization wants to achieve or accomplish in the mid-term or long-term future. Visions provide strategic direction and are both challenging and energizing; they guide transformational initiatives. Visions provide strategic direction while a mission explains why an organization exists.
Mission - The mission specifies an organization’s purpose or reason for being. Mission statements should be brief, declarative statements. The organization’s plans and programs must be congruent with and supportive of the mission.
Value Proposition - A value proposition is a statement that articulates what differentiates an organization from its competitors and other organizations. It is the value (not just the product or service) it provides to its “customers.” It is what the organization consistently promises its customers/members.
Strategic Priority - Strategic priorities must be congruent with and help accomplish the vision. They represent the major initiatives on which an organization will focus as part of its Strategic Blueprint. They are over-arching and reflect the strategic direction of the organization. Activities and tasks are developed to execute strategic priorities.
Success Indicator - These are the indicators by which success will be measured. Success Indicators are analogous to performance indicators or performance measurements. They are about results and outcomes; not completion of activities and projects. They determine how high the bar is being raised. They can be either quantitative or qualitative and must be measurable.