Advertise With Us!
In the March issue of Business Officer magazine, discover what college and university leaders are discussing today. With more than 25,000 decision-makers in a $400 billion higher education market Business Officer magazine remains a required read for business and finance leaders in higher education.
Focus: Endowment and Debt Management
Endowment and Debt Management. In FY16, investment performance of college and university endowments was adversely affected by various challenges in the financial markets. Endowments averaged a return of -1.9 percent (net of fees) during the year, according to the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE). This negative return, on top of a gain of just 2.4 percent in FY15, reflects continued economic troubles in the U.S. and around the world, and market unpredictability appears to be in the offing for FY17. This article describes the results of the 2016 NCSE, takes a look back at the issues facing campus endowment managers last year, and examines the myriad challenges endowment managers and other higher education leaders face in FY17 and beyond.
Ethics and Financial Markets. The financial services industry recognizes the importance of creating a resilient and pervasive culture based on ethics and mutual understandings. A fiduciary manages assets while taking into consideration the complexities of investment policies, asset allocation, governance, and more. Learn how campus leaders can create an ethical framework for governing body members at their institutions.
Michael Bloomberg on Higher Ed. Learn what the three-term mayor of New York City Michael Bloomberg said about leadership, the economy, and higher education at the 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum in New York. Bloomberg is the founder of Bloomberg LP, a philanthropist, and U.N. Secretary-General's Special Envoy for Cities and Climate Change.
Rightsizing Revenue The third in a new feature series about the challenges to higher education institutions, this case study describes how Denison University's need to balance financial resources for competing priorities led to creating a strategic plan focused on supporting outstanding education, strong infrastructure, and steady asset growth.
The final deadline to reserve your advertising space in the March issue is Friday, February 3, as long as space remains available. Materials are due no later than February 10. You can find our 2017 Marketing kit.
Manager, Business Development
- Associations Respond to DACA and DREAM Act Concerns
- Congress Makes Changes to GI Bill Education Benefits
- CFPB Report Criticizes Campus Banking Agreements
- 2017 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 23-24, 2017
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15AM ET
- WEBCAST: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus