Advertise With Us!
In the July/August issue of Business Officer magazine, discover what college and university leaders are discussing today. With more than 25,000 decision-makers in a $400 billion higher education market Business Officer magazine remains a required read for business and finance leaders in higher education.
Past History. Based on research for the Economic Models Project, this section chronicles, in both text and a visual timeline, the history of higher education in the United States and the social and legislative trends that have led to the issues of today. In addition, focus groups representing NACUBO's board and constituent councils, numerous CBOs, EDUCAUSE, AGB, and other higher education associations identify a number of challenges common to all institutions, including resource allocation, labor intensity, availability of capital, and the external environment (regulation, competition, divestment, changing mission, and demographics).
Present, Tense. In addition to shared challenges, each constituent group faces its own particular problems. The series of articles in this section describe the effective actions and initiatives that leaders of each constituency are implementing to ensure institutional viability. Read case studies from research universities, small institutions, comprehensive and doctoral institutions, and community colleges.
Future Reference. Present-day trends further affect the unfolding tale of colleges and universities. NACUBO's just-released 2016 CBO Profile Survey reinforces the fact that churn in top leadership continues, with 44 percent of current CBOs indicating that their next professional step is retirement. Clearly, succession planning should be Job No. 1. Fortunately, young-and not-so-young-alumni find tremendous value in their college degrees and are stepping up to add their stories of personal and professional leadership to the annals of higher education. And, a collection of higher education leaders and futurists put their minds to speculating about the next chapter for higher education.
The final deadline to reserve your advertising space in the July/August issue is Thursday, June 9, as long as space remains available. Materials are due no later than June 16. You can find our 2016 Marketing kit.
Manager, Business Development
- ED Proposes New Rules for Distance Education and Foreign Locations
- Senate Bill Would Increase Bank-Qualified Debt Limit
- New Statistics on College Enrollment and Completion Released
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives