Advertise With Us!
In the April issue of Business Officer magazine, discover what college and university leaders are discussing today. With more than 26,000 decision-makers in a $400 billion higher education Business Officer magazine remains a required read for business and finance leaders in higher education.
Preview of the NACUBO 2014 Annual Meeting. Learn what's coming up in Seattle, July 19-22, when NACUBO presents professional development programming focused on "Scaling New Heights." As always, the annual meeting will offer good coaching via innovative programs, challenging topics, networking opportunities, top-flight exhibitors, a local community service project-and a campus tour of the University of Washington, Seattle, one of the oldest public universities on the West Coast. New this year will be a special Future Business Officers Program, along with the always-updated New Business Officers Program (separate registrations required). The preview article will include an interview with one of the keynote speakers.
Results of the NACUBO-AGB Survey on Institutional Financial Aid. Would trustees, presidents, and CBOs make different decisions about their campus aid dollars and distributions if they could readily track actual data and compare the resulting trend lines with those of a set of peer institutions? The increasing growth of institutional aid dollars, along with the need for campus leaders to better understand related decisions, prompted NACUBO and the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges to develop a standard set of indicators as well as a benchmark tool.
Fund Accounting and Stewardship-part of the Financial Reporting and Management Series [MUST RUN]. Drawing from themes earlier in the Financial Reporting and Management series, this article focuses on bringing the operational model of fund accounting into the 21st century. Dated and extraneous funds can cloud an institution's ability to see available resources and to match those resources against current and future needs. To ensure stellar resource stewardship, compliance, analytical capabilities, and ease of communicating financial performance to internal and external stakeholders, it's time to shed old paradigms and move forward with the best of fund management. The University of California, Berkeley, serves as a case study that demonstrates a process for evaluating and consolidating more than 20,000 funds into a workable number.
Media Training for Business Officers. The Great Recession pushed many a chief business officer from behind the desk into a higher-profile position, reporting on institution finances, liquidity, and overall ability to remain afloat during the crisis. At the same time, a seemingly increased number of campus emergencies and startling events has required senior leaders to comment on behalf of the college or university-often on short notice and in front of audiences much different than internal constituents. A professional speech improvement coach and several business officers explain ways to learn the kind of media skills that make the limelight more of a comfort zone.
The final deadline to reserve your advertising space in the February issue is Monday, March 10, as long as space remains available. Materials are due no later than March 17. You can find our 2014 media kit.
Manager, Business Development
- Tax Overhaul Would Impact Students, Employees, and Campus Finances
- Administrative Jobs and Benefits Costs Drive Higher Ed Labor Costs
- OMB Super Circular Makes Changes to Audit Requirements
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis