Advertise With Us!
In the October issue of Business Officer magazine, discover what college and university leaders are discussing today. With more than 26,000 decision-makers in a $400 billion higher education Business Officer magazine remains a required read for business and finance leaders in higher education.
NACUBO 2014 Annual Meeting Coverage. Look for highlights of the Seattle meeting, which drew a record number of attendees to convene under the theme "Scaling New Heights." Featured were keynote presentations by Bill Gates and other speakers, sessions for special groups such as academic medical center business officers, multiple concurrent sessions addressing topics from leadership to budgeting, and a new workshop for future business officers.
Building a Formal Succession Plan-second article in the Leadership in Transition Series. A formalized succession plan can benefit not only the CBO position, but entire departments and organizations. Here are best practices for assessing staff strengths and identifying areas for further growth, identifying professional development plans for each position, and potential pitfalls to consider.
Continuous Process Improvement at Armstrong State University. A drop in enrollment at AASU motivated the university's leadership to analyze and improve administrative processes. A comprehensive revitalization effort overhauled outdated systems and tapped into the full advantages of technology. Improved student services are not only attracting prospective freshmen but encouraging degree completion.
On Balance: Ellen Harshman. Effective shared governance requires mutual respect and commitment to focus on core values and goals. As interim vice president for academic affairs at Saint Louis University, Ellen Harshman explores how chief business officers can strengthen collaboration with faculty for the good of the institution.
The final deadline to reserve your advertising space in the October issue is Wednesday, September 10, as long as space remains available. Materials are due no later than September 17. You can find our 2014 media kit.
Manager, Business Development
- Program Integrity Rulemaking to Be Delayed
- Associations Respond to McCaskill Sexual Assault Legislation
- COFAR Releases Frequently Asked Questions on OMB's Super Circular
- 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 22-23, 2014
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis