NACUBO serves the education community in a variety of ways. Since 2007 under NACUBO’s leadership, member volunteers have replanted a university campus devastated by hurricane Katrina, and refurbished five elementary and middle schools in Chicago, Boston, San Francisco, Tampa and Washington, DC in conjunction with NACUBO’s Annual Meeting.
Additionally, in the spring of 2010 member institutions supported a project in Atlanta to raise awareness among inner-city students of the higher education’s role in creating a brighter future for them. In the summer of 2011, we supported an effort that contributed over 1,000 books to the Tampa area Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) program.
NACUBO partners with service providers to support the project and works with local universities and volunteer organizations to identify the projects for the community service.
Through these projects NACUBO is helping the community and exposing higher education to those who may not have thought it was available to them.
- 2014 Annual Meeting Service Project - Seattle
- 2012 Annual Meeting Service Project - Washington, DC
- 2011 Reading Is Fundamental - Tampa, FL
- 2011 Annual Meeting Service Project - Tampa, FL
- 2010 Community Service Project at Everett Middle School - San Francisco
- 2010 College Day at Hill-Hope School - Atlanta
- 2009 Community Service Project - Boston
- 2008 Community Service Project - Chicago
- 2007 Community Service Project - New Orleans
Interested in organizing or participating in a future project?
Executive Vice President